Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know that Arsenal fan called Claude who's always ranting on Arsenal tv?

Comments

• Options
    Heavy D passed away, only 43.
  • Options
    Was he the big guy from storage hunters?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Was he the big guy from storage hunters?
    Yes, BOOOOOOOOOM.

• Options
    Sad news for his friends and family. 43 is no age to go.

RIP 
  • Options
    Heavy D passed away, only 43.

RIP
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Claude passed away yesterday. Cause of death currently unknown.

• Options
    Very sad.
  • Options
    A tweet he responded to yesterday sadly suggests he took his own life.

RIP
  • Options
    Very very sad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very odd thread to be found on an Addicks forum?
  • Options
    AFTV gets a lot of airtime on the socials. 
  • Options
    that's extremely sad. His "it's time to go!" is repeatedly put round on social media, I hope that spotlight didn't drive him to do anything harmful to himself.
  • Options
    Very sad, he seemed like a genuine guy who just had a lot of love for his club. Yes he made a few errors of judgment in recent years and his sacking from AFTV was a sour note but even before that he came across as a pretty troubled guy. 

Really sad and highlights how awful social media can be when normal people are thrust into the spotlight by people and companies who exploit them to make money. 

Rest in peace Claude. 
  • Options
    Why? It’s a football forum. We have rip’s to singers I’ve never even heard of. 

Plus another highlight of how toxic social media can be.

Peculiar post and something I thought better of from you.
    I am 73 and don’t follow social media and the computer age with its many different ways of foisting itself onto society, a bit too much for me to take in.🤔
    Taking interest in this character will just have to pass me by I’m afraid, unless of course he was an Addick.........it’s an age thing I guess.
    For example......for the life of me I don’t understand players putting themselves all over Twitter and Facebook, considering all the grief it seems to bring them.
  • Options
    You start more unrelated cafc topics than most. Seriously, you could start an argument with your own reflection.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why? It’s a football forum. We have rip’s to singers I’ve never even heard of. 

Plus another highlight of how toxic social media can be.

Peculiar post and something I thought better of from you.
    I am 73 and don’t follow social media and the computer age with its many different ways of foisting itself onto society, a bit too much for me to take in.🤔
    Taking interest in this character will just have to pass me by I’m afraid, unless of course he was an Addick.........it’s an age thing I guess.
    For example......for the life of me I don’t understand players putting themselves all over Twitter and Facebook, considering all the grief it seems to bring them.
    Just say Solly 
  • Options
    Sad, RIP fella. 
  • Options
    I was a bit confused at first when reading this thread as I didn't clock the dates.

so was he a racist ?
  • Options
    I was a bit confused at first when reading this thread as I didn't clock the dates.

so was he a racist ?
    He used a racist slur, yes.

Regardless, sad if he took his own life. It appears he may have had mental health issues anywhere which I doubt were improved by being on social media.
  • Options

so was he a racist ?
    In the heat of the moment during an Arsenal v Spurs game he referred to Son as 'DVD'.

Robbie wanted to keep him on there but i think caved into pressure from sponsors etc and had to kick him off. They stayed mates though and Robbie said Claude understood. Seen a fair bit of stick going Robbie's way blaming him etc, which is really unfair i think.
  • Options

so was he a racist ?
    In the heat of the moment during an Arsenal v Spurs game he referred to Son as 'DVD'.

Robbie wanted to keep him on there but i think caved into pressure from sponsors etc and had to kick him off. They stayed mates though and Robbie said Claude understood. Seen a fair bit of stick going Robbie's way blaming him etc, which is really unfair i think.
    Can't even really blame the sponsors either to be honest. Even if it was a "mad moment" and not at all reflective of him it's not something they could or should really want to be associated with, and saying that this one time it's okay/just a mistake potentially leads to a slippery slope.

RIP to him though. As said, this does seem to be someone who was struggling.
  • Options
    I have always appreciated the passion he had for his club and I always enjoyed his views... RIP
  • Options
    RIP claude!  Passionate. 

Didnt like when jim white ganged up on the atv presenter talksport. Was disgusting behaviour. 
  • Options
    RIP Claude, very sad.