Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEXT YEAR BALANCING THEIR BOOKS!

2»

Comments

• Options
    He's ignoring relegation because it doesn't exist according to his plan. His comments reflect a mindset that cannot contemplate failure and his head is buried in the sand, or KM's bosom.

Any sane owner who's been proven wrong with no alternative strategy would admit failure and sell up.

I am hoping beyond hope that he knows his plan is not transferrable to League 1, he has played all his CARDs and has no option but to sell up.

The worse scenario is that he thinks up another fuckwit idea for being "competitive" in League 1 and takes us into League 2.
  • Options
    I'm with Greenie on this one, not spending any more money whilst RD and KM are around and will only go back when they finally call it a day. By then we could be playing in Charlton Park the way it's going.
  • Options
    He is loading the club with debt, so to his mind it is all still an asset to him and he hasn't "lost / spent" any money. When will he realise that we won't come straight back up and selling a League One club, he is not going to get anyone to pay enough and take on the debt.

What can he do if he isn't willing to write (some of) that debt off?
  • Options
    He is loading the club with debt, so to his mind it is all still an asset to him and he hasn't "lost / spent" any money. When will he realise that we won't come straight back up and selling a League One club, he is not going to get anyone to pay enough and take on the debt.

What can he do if he isn't willing to write (some of) that debt off?
  • Options
    One of the clichés of football is that it is a results driven business. Well look at the table Roland: there's the result of your experiment. I love Charlton and have supported them for many many years, but I won't be part of your crazy experiment. No season ticket for me although it hurts me to do it. Once you've gone I'll be back like a shot.
  • Options

He's two years in to his loony tune project and has the money to ignore the financial consequences of relegation if he wishes. I'm worried that he will just plough on regardless in the deluded certainty that his plan will work. He will believe he's been unlucky and two years isn't long enough to bring it all together.

I think this scenario is the most likely that I've seen.

God only knows where this prospect would leave the club.

I am absolutely convinced that if Roland and Katrien are still here this time next year we will be involved in another relegation battle. To avoid Div 2 obviously, we are done and dusted this season and have been for months.

Jose will be replaced in the summer with yet another Head Coach who will no doubt also be presented as an improvement on the last. Those players with any sell on value at all such as Lookman, Cousins, JBG, Henderson, etc will be gone because they will not want to spend the foreseeable future scrapping around in Div 1. Our squad will be full of previously unknown, untested quality dropped piecemeal into the squad from the depths of Div 2 of the Brussels (South) Sunday League, supplemented with some of our kids thrown in too soon. Our gates will be way, way less than 5 figures for most matches and heading the wrong way. Basically, think back to everything we did right in the mid-90's and reverse it.

On the plus side I reckon that they might decide to bin the sofa after all as an indication of them listening to supporters views.
  • Options
    KM admitted to Charlton staff, when she arrived, that she knew nothing about football.
  • Options
    There are costs stacking up daily, and revenue going down daily. Is Katrien keeping it from Roland? Will she have to approach Roland and say something like 'Roland, you know that two million I said we would have in the war chest by March? Well, it's a bit complicated, but just leave it with me for now'.
  • Options

KM admitted to Charlton staff, when she arrived, that she knew nothing about football.

And she has subsequently proved it over and over :disappointed: .
  • Options
    What is so stark is his success in his business and his failure at football.

Just had a look at Melexis figures. Net revenue per annum has grown from Euro 50m to 82m over four years. Cash reserves have increased from 28m to 60m over the same period and earnings per share rose nearly 17% over the last twelve months. Debt has fallen from 50m to 18m.

Paid 40m in dividends last year of which RD's controlling company got 21m. Book value of the company around Euro 2bn.

If your car has ABS, lane control, automatic braking, Head Up Display, tyre pressure monitoring adaptive suspension etc then you can thank Roland for producing the components.

His company has a board of 17 directors. Independent directors paid Euro 45,000 between them, other directors unpaid! We get 1 director who couldn't run a burger van let alone a football club, perhaps she is unpaid as well. What is the method in his madness?

We are but a casual plaything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just for info and comparison:

Brighton ST for next season (maybe Prem - maybe not, but ST's are on sale now)

Cheapest Adult £475
    Cheapest U18 £130
    Cheapest U10 £75
  • Options
    They won't be attracting any Tottenham taxi drivers then