Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Late goal at Guisley v Braintree

2»

Comments

• Options

Scott Minto, FA cup v Bristol City, 1994. Curbs told him not to return the ball.
    We didn't score from the throw on but it didn't go down well with the opposition players or the home fans.

I thought we did score pretty much immediately from the throw, but that could just be my memory playing tricks.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. It looks like they Guisley player overhit it, certainly the guy who took the throw-in wondered what he was playing it. What I find interesting, or perhaps that's too politer a phrase, is the reaction of the Guisley supporters.
    I seem to remember we scored pretty much from the throw, with that charming man Alan Pardew putting the ball in the net
    I thought Mark Robson scored our goal?
  • Options
    Fair enough on the throw in foot law guys.
    I still think the law of common sense ought to have been applied.
    If i was quick thinking enough i would've given a foul throw, it would've given Guisley the chance to simply throw the ball back to the keeper.
  • Options
    This happens at least twice a season and the 'scorers' always let the opposition walk the ball in.

have they said why they didn't in this case ?
  • Options
    I seem to remember that arsenal offered to repay the game.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

This happens at least twice a season and the 'scorers' always let the opposition walk the ball in.

They didn't want to lose
  • Options

Scott Minto, FA cup v Bristol City, 1994. Curbs told him not to return the ball.
    We didn't score from the throw on but it didn't go down well with the opposition players or the home fans.

I thought it was Gritt that stopped him giving them the ball. To be fair though there player was down for quite a while during their attack. They could have put it out whenever but didn't, it went out during play and without them putting it out deliberately.
    It was mental after that though and quite exciting after the game.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

They blamed the keeper for not trying to save it. They thought he was trying to be clever.
  • Options
    Clever?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Fair enough on the throw in foot law guys.
    I still think the law of common sense ought to have been applied.
    If i was quick thinking enough i would've given a foul throw, it would've given Guisley the chance to simply throw the ball back to the keeper.

His foot on the line is irrelevant. It's a foul throw because of the way he releases the ball over his head, something referees still award as a foul from time to time.