Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland the MAN!

Comments

• This rings true. Neil I think it was you I was talking to about it but I amazed me he got the train to Charton. I imagine most men of his wealth get a flight into City airport and a cab.

• IIRC, when RD was first being made known to us he was said to enjoy d-i-y.

His address as recently given on here appears on Google Streetview as a modest bungalow, not really what you'd expect of a tycoon.

Maybe this frugality does indeed stem from his family background and in particular the harsh wartime years. Sint-Truiden has always been an important centre for horticulture (food never scarce), and as with the Dutch those hungry years have left an everlasting impression.

"There were 150 of us living in 't shoebox in middle o' road"....

"Ooo'd ever thought we'd be sitting 'ere drinking Chateau Duchatelet" :)
  • seth plum said:

"There were 150 of us living in 't shoebox in middle o' road"....

Luxury.
    You were lucky
  • well if he's a tight c**t every penny will hurt , so no to season tickets, abstinence from Charlton at The Valley is a price I am prepared to pay to dislodge this fruit.

Congratulations Oohaah, you've just won this game of Charlton Life Connect Four by getting, not four, but five 'spell it out' likes in a row.
  • It is NOT a man, it is a RAT.
  • Rothko said:

Wants to be the richest man in the graveyard, what an achievement

There is a lot of those.
  • It is NOT a man, it is a RAT.

'And she's a Puppet'
  • He has some OCPD symptoms. Stubbon, unwilling to change view, miser
  • Ross said:

He'll be the richest man in the graveyard.

Someone should tell him that you can't take it with you (although maybe he thinks he has found a way around that too!)
    He can't take it with him? Perhaps he's intending not to go!
  • Sponsored links:

• Goldyboys said:

A glance at his yellow stained teeth tells a story. What's Belgian for Scrooge?

Scrooge, perhaps? It is someone's name, after all.
  • ...Passion is part of our mission...

So it was Roly who started the sex on the pitch video then.
  • edited March 2016
  • It seems a bit far fetched to be honest.
  • You forgot the corner flag sofa!
  • edited March 2016
    Duct tape... I am speechless. Whoever our next owner is, they surely can't be weirder than Duchatelet? What's scary about this story is that it's not made up. He's so unbelievably mental...

Like I said some time ago, why did he choose us? We must be the most unfortunate club in the world!!! :cry:
  • I had this confirmed by a Standard liege fan who is a friend of mine. he said it is very well known about Roland this story.

He also said that he is renowned in both business and football for always beveling he is right and will ever listen. messiah was the word he used. it really is his way or the highway and that us meer mortals just don't see the future as he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

I had this confirmed by a Standard liege fan who is a friend of mine. he said it is very well known about Roland this story.

He also said that he is renowned in both business and football for always beveling he is right and will ever listen. messiah was the word he used. it really is his way or the highway and that us meer mortals just don't see the future as he does.

Duchatelet is a deluded narcissist who’d run David Icke close.

From his interview by Belgian journalist Douglas de Coninck in 2015 in CAST News 10:

RD: “Like many people, I know that our solar system will no longer exist in five billion years. It is also conceivable that a few people in the meantime now and then will escape. I believe therefore that Turing was a very intelligent man, and that he realised that. He didn't lie awake at night, worrying about being famous. That is totally not important. If someone thinks I’m a fat idiot, I’m sorry for him, but that’s not important to me.”

Q: Only you can see what others can't?

RD: “Me and a few other people. Few people see things clearly. Many people think tomorrow will be just like yesterday. It's normal that they think like that, but in practice it is not like that. I belong to the small group of people who think tomorrow will be different from today."

Q: Philosopher Philippe van Parijs. who also lobbies for free money, once said that you need a coalition of three types of people to bring about change: daredevils. visionaries and opportunists. Which are you?

RD: “I‘m a visionary, of course. Because I'm an engineer. I try to reflect on how the world might look tomorrow"

https://issuu.com/castrust/docs/tnt10/15?e=6744795/30366687

• Wonder if his visionary powers foresaw what would happen at CAFC.

Many people think next week's protest will be like last week's protest. It's normal they think like that , but in practice it's not like that. CARD belongs to the 2% who think next week's protest will be different from last week's protest.

An amazing meeting of minds.
  • He fetishises himself, his genius. A sustained campaign of ridicule, brought home to him in Belgium, might just get under his skin and make him want to get rid of us to make it stop.
  • edited March 2016

He fetishises himself, his genius. A sustained campaign of ridicule, brought home to him in Belgium, might just get under his skin and make him want to get rid of us to make it stop.

Exactly this. He comes across as a pompous arse who, for all his self proclaimed genius, lacks the mental dexterity to engage in humour.

I think he struggles to deal with any form of embarrassment or ridicule on a personal level.

This might also help to explain why he is so elusive. He can't engage with people for too long, so great is his fear of someone pointing out that the emperor has no clothes. RD may also be painfully aware that he lacks the presence and charisma to shout down a mob.

Tuesday's outburst was just the beginning - the first creak before the building collapses!
  • I think I've sussed his plan, most suitably expressed in an adaptation of a Buddy Holly classic!!

I'm gonna tell you how it's gonna be
    Huh-huh-huh-huh-huh
    You're gonna give your dosh to me
    Huh-huh-huh-huh-huh
    To see a weird experience on matchday
    Huh-huh-huh-huh-huh
    Before I mug you off and then run away (x2)
  • He's got duct tape on his shoe,
    He's got duct tape on his shoe.

• I've just read that Douglas de Coninck interview with Roland. CUCKOOOOO!!!
  • Soooo.... Basically he destroys souls and and badly covers it up and continues to walk all over said destroyed souls.

Sounds like Roland those poor poor shoes.