Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton make Ansah, Kennedy and Obileye available for loan

2»

Comments

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Why can't we buy the better div1 players with the money from Baeur, Gudmundsson, Watt, etc.

Because:

a) they're not Belgian
    b) RD doesn't like giving money to other English clubs
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Why can't we buy the better div1 players with the money from Baeur, Gudmundsson, Watt, etc.

Because:

a) they're not Belgian
    b) RD doesn't like giving money to other English clubs
    c) because anyone can take that kind of sensible, level-headed approach; but we, happy us, are led by a true visionary....
  • Options
    Their decisions revolve around "what saves most money" and "where can we make the most money".

Short term money decisions will always come before any plan to support a long term football ambition for the club.

I regret to say it but I can only foresee years of us lurching from one crisis to another under these cheerless, inadequate bunglers.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    dickplumb said:

Ansah will be here next season.

Ansah will not be here next Season, I know that as a fact. He has not been given a chance by the three hundred and seventy five coaches we have had this Season. Why do you think they will keep him.

The below is from Dr Kish

Ansah has had a spell with Newport this season, while Obileye spent the first half of the season on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge. The contracts of both players run out in the summer, and they seem unlikely to be offered new deals.
    I'm talking about Andy Ansah. 46 years old, not played for at least 10 years , good coach on dream team, has unbelievable tekkers and most of all is a local lad.
  • Options

Their decisions revolve around "what saves most money" and "where can we make the most money".

Short term money decisions will always come before any plan to support a long term football ambition for the club.

I regret to say it but I can only foresee years of us lurching from one crisis to another under these cheerless, inadequate bunglers.

The decisions certainly don't seem to revolve around what is good for the players.
    Sombody somewhere says trim the fringe, and players are collateral.
    How does that work with becoming a nice club with an attractive academy?

'Please allow your son to sign for us, if he makes it all well and good, but I must warn you at the end of the day he will be a statistics laden piece of meat for us to treat any way we like'.
  • Options

Agree. After Lookman and Vetokele are sold, Makienok and Sanogo returned to their parent clubs and Reja given a free transfer, Ansah will be our number 1 forward next year.

KAG up front with Harriott playing just off him is about the best we can offer next season.
    Could be even worse given that it looks like Harriott's contract won't be renewed at the end of the year.

KAG with Umerah up front, maybe?
    The club have one-year option on Harriott
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Agree. After Lookman and Vetokele are sold, Makienok and Sanogo returned to their parent clubs and Reja given a free transfer, Ansah will be our number 1 forward next year.

KAG up front with Harriott playing just off him is about the best we can offer next season.
    Could be even worse given that it looks like Harriott's contract won't be renewed at the end of the year.

The club have one-year option on Harriott
    Does that mean they actively have to take it up for the additional one year to apply?

If so, can't see them taking it up, can you? (Hasten to add I'm not saying that is the right decision - Harriott could be useful in League 1- but assume these clowns will want to save every penny going and just pay peanuts to anyone signed for next year)
  • Options
    Look for more unknown players from european teams we have never heard of, from 3rd and 4th divisions of Europe. They will come cheap so Roland will not have to spend a fortune.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

There'll also be decent L1 players available on a free; for all our issues, for the majority of players in L1, with our ground and training facilities we'll be seen as an attractive club to join (players don't tend to be interested in off the field issues). Plus PL season long loans

It's about getting the recruitment process right. Many of our foreign players were signed from English clubs, (Ba, Ceballos, Moussa, Henderson) or were free agents with English experience (Diarra, Motta) so it's not as if all our players have come straight in from abroad.

• Options

dickplumb said:

There'll also be decent L1 players available on a free; for all our issues, for the majority of players in L1, with our ground and training facilities we'll be seen as an attractive club to join (players don't tend to be interested in off the field issues). Plus PL season long loans

It's about getting the recruitment process right. Many of our foreign players were signed from English clubs, (Ba, Ceballos, Moussa, Henderson) or were free agents with English experience (Diarra, Motta) so it's not as if all our players have come straight in from abroad.

Sorry I'm not accepting Henderson as part of the foreign contingent.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016

Question for @dickplumb and anyone else who regularly watches the youth teams, how good is Umerah? what I've seen on highlights and such has looked pretty impressive, but he seems to be a player who is just that much quicker and stronger than his peers, and it seems to me that at U21 level, that can hide other shortcomings in a players' game (see KAG). Is he ready to be third or fourth choice in League One next year?
  • Options
    They would be mad to let Harriott go. He may not be an amazing champ player but he'll do well in L1 as previously proven. May even keep us up next season...
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Sorry I'm not accepting Henderson as part of the foreign contingent.

Him and Moussa both have similar levels of British experience, indeed Moussa was only in his early teens when he first came over to England and has always played over here.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Question for @dickplumb and anyone else who regularly watches the youth teams, how good is Umerah? what I've seen on highlights and such has looked pretty impressive, but he seems to be a player who is just that much quicker and stronger than his peers, and it seems to me that at U21 level, that can hide other shortcomings in a players' game (see KAG). Is he ready to be third or fourth choice in League One next year?
    Jury still out on Josh. A definate goalscorer, but his all round game needs attention, particularly his first touch and hold up play.

Could be an effctive blunt instrument in L1 as an impact sub.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

dickplumb said:

Ansah will not be here next Season.

From what I've seen of Ansah and that's a lot less than you Dick
    Completely misread that
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Josh Umerah is a rough diamond. He seems to know where the goal is but technically he has a lot to improve. It we have to rely on Josh next Season we are in trouble. Terrique Anderson is a good prospect in the U18s. Good goalscorer and very quick. But he is smaller than Lookman.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

SDAddick said:

Josh Umerah is a rough diamond. He seems to know where the goal is but technically he has a lot to improve. It we have to rely on Josh next Season we are in trouble. Terrique Anderson is a good prospect in the U18s. Good goalscorer and very quick. But he is smaller than Lookman.
    Cheers for that, and @bolloxbolder.