Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club offer free coach travel to Wendies

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    clb74 said:

Take the protest to Sheffield 20 coaches 50 each coach protest outside Hillsborough don't go in game

It's bad enough going to Sheffield to watch a game, but to travel there to not watch a game?

Personally I think it would be good if people just stuck their fingers up and don't take the offer up - they think a couple of free coach rides will go someway to placate people? A free coach ride to see what exactly - abject surrender and a pile of dross for 90 mins.

They should put their efforts in to selling the club, not match day travel.
  • Options
    Won't the cost of this just be added to the club debt at 3% interest??
  • Options
    DOC64 said:

Won't the cost of this just be added to the club debt at 3% interest??

Quite possible if on going losses from the P&L account are funded by further loans from Staprix :open_mouth:
  • Options
    This has to be a wind up. Why on earth would anyone want to take up that offer, other than the people who would be going up by coach anyway?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Off_it said:

This has to be a wind up. Why on earth would anyone want to take up that offer, other than the people who would be going up by coach anyway?

Ready after me;

'We all follow the Charlton,
    Over land and sea....and Wendies,
    We all follow the Charlton on to Vic....................' oh hang on a minute! :disappointed:
  • Options

We should book them up and not turn up....... coach companies will be demanding their cash regardless..

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to book the coach without proof of a match ticket purchased!
  • Options
    I'm sure katrien wanted to get rid of valley express when they first darkened our door
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

We should book them up and not turn up....... coach companies will be demanding their cash regardless..

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to book the coach without proof of a match ticket purchased!

I have, Rotterham away.
  • Options
    Actually an afternoon in Sheffield doesn't sound too bad, as long as you're not forced to watch the football. Maybe you could get off the coach outside Hillsborough and take the tram back into the centre, then return at 4:50!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've tried to make it there twice. One time the train broke down half way and the second time the game was called off three hours before kick off.

Happy to take one for the team and make my way up there in the hope I could get it called off again.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Not been to Hillsborough before and gord knows when we'll get the opportunity again!!! Especially with free travel and adult tickets only a score.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Take the protest to Sheffield 20 coaches 50 each coach protest outside Hillsborough don't go in game

It's bad enough going to Sheffield to watch a game, but to travel there to not watch a game?

Personally I think it would be good if people just stuck their fingers up and don't take the offer up - they think a couple of free coach rides will go someway to placate people? A free coach ride to see what exactly - abject surrender and a pile of dross for 90 mins.

They should put their efforts in to selling the club, not match day travel.
    This for me

• Options
    Why would anyone want to go all the way to Sheffield to watch a game with nothing riding on it.

Just to see a relegated team go through the motions. Surely there are better ways to spend a Saturday?!

These gestures are good but is too late and too desperate. Its a bit cringe.
  • Options

Why would anyone want to go all the way to Sheffield to watch a game with nothing riding on it.

Just to see a relegated team go through the motions. Surely there are better ways to spend a Saturday?!

We could be out of the relegation zone by then.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    We have a great record against Wednesday in recent years.

I'm sticking a tenner on us to win as I'm certain that we'll beat them, not sure about the rest of our matches!
  • Options

We could be out of the relegation zone by then.
    I could win the lottery and be our new owner by then, but its pretty unlikely.