Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Brunt will miss the Euros

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35715980

Out for 6 months after a cruciate injury. Gutted for him, probably his only chance of reaching a finals.

Comments

• Options
    Didn't he nearly sign for us a few years ago?
  • Options
    Good honest pro .. bad news, especially coming so soon after the incident when he was hit with a coin thrown by a WBA fan (allegedly) ... this is not a good year so far for Brunt
  • Options

Didn't he nearly sign for us a few years ago?

Yeah wasnt it when he played for Sheffield Wednesday... We were linked to a few of their players in our final Premier League days

Glenn Whelan (now with Stoke) and Madjid Bougherra (who we eventually signed) being the others
  • Options
    He was in and out of the Sheff Wed side at the time.
  • Options
    If he went and played up front, he'd have a much better song...
  • Options
    Sniffle....
  • Options
    absolutely gutted for him
  • Options
    I take it people who are gutted for him either know him or are northern irish.
  • Options
    Gutted for him probably would have been one of the highlights of his career, shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He still has one hell of a left foot. Seems to have taken the move to Left back alright especially given he was an attacking winger and I don't think fullbacks are allowed to cross the halfway line in a Pulis side. Shame for him, Norn Iron and Premier League stalwart.
  • Options
    What a sickener for him. I just feel that could be his only chance to have played at a major international tournement gone. I hope for his sake that I am wrong.
  • Options
    Seems like a good pro and a good guy, and it must be devastating for him to miss out on the biggest thing in his career.
  • Options
    I really feel for him, that must be awful. Poor Chris Brunt - or 'Chrunt', as I imagine most people call him for short.