Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can anyone explain Shetland's final episode ?

I watched it last night about midnight & kept falling asleep. I got the gist of it, but when it ended I didn't fully understand it.

Questions -

So the girl on the ferry at the start was following the bearded bloke, but why exactly ? What happened to her family, that I think led to them being placed under witness protection ?

I know the lawyer was ripping off the gangster & money laundering, but why did he kill the bearded bloke ?

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about try to fathom out the ending.

It was a good series let down by the 'explanation' of the 'surprising' ending (as a lot of thrillers are).

The young girl's motive was supposedly how her mother had been let down by the Asian woman while on witness protection. But then we're meant to believe that not only did she somehow find out that the big bearded bloke was also on witness protection but, more incredibly, she also knew that the person to contact was the gangster's lawyer, knew what his email address was, and also knew how to send a email anonymously from a local library.
  • Options
    I thought the screening was dreadful, 6 episodes over 8 weeks, miss one week for football and one for rugby. Put the sport on BBC2 you idiots, it is bad enough remembering the characters over 6 weeks, but not when you move it twice, because you want to show sport
  • Options
    Heard it was pony
  • Options

I watched it last night about midnight & kept falling asleep. I got the gist of it, but when it ended I didn't fully understand it.

Questions -

So the girl on the ferry at the start was following the bearded bloke, but why exactly ? What happened to her family, that I think led to them being placed under witness protection ?

I know the lawyer was ripping off the gangster & money laundering, but why did he kill the bearded bloke ?

For once I didn't fall asleep and still didn't fully understand how it all dovetailed together so you are not alone!
  • Options
    I will give it a go.

It was freezing cold, wet, miserable, in the middle of nowhere and you couldn't understand what anyone said.
  • Options

I will give it a go.

It was freezing cold, wet, miserable, in the middle of nowhere and you couldn't understand what anyone said.

and that was august.

Worth a visit though if you like bleakness. The ferry takes 13 hours overnight from Aberdeen and is good fun, it's just lorry drivers and oil workers who congregate in the bar.
    Not for everyone but if you like a bit of adventure the Shetlands are good.
  • Options

I will give it a go.

Sums it up perfectly. But why was the cop's name Perez? Did his ancestors get ship-wrecked after the Spanish Armada fiasco?