Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

If he still has ambitions to play for England, he won't want to be back up to anybody.

He's miles of England at the moment. The odd assist looks good on MOTD, but his overall play is nowhere near enough at the moment.

Why would West Ham want him, they're chasing a Top 4 spot? Sadly Palace is more his level

Disagree. He's been superb since his move to Newcastle. What other English player creates chances with one pass like he does, or hits accurate 60 yard passes? If he continues his current form he shouldn't be far off the England squad. Shame he's in such a poor Newcastle side.
    But is that enough? Unless you're Pirlo and in a team built around you, then such a player may be considered a luxury. On Saturday the Newcastle midfield was completely open and showed no interest in tracking back unlike the Bournemouth midfield, which was a major reason why they lost
  • Options
    McLaren about to get the sack too - that club is nearly as big a shambles as Charlton.
  • Options

McLaren about to get the sack too - that club is nearly as big a shambles as Charlton.

In our dreams
  • Options

In our dreams
    Fair enough, but they aren't much better!
  • Options
    sky sports reporting rafa benitez heading there cant see him dropping down to the championship.
  • Options
    Well he better work his magic and keep them up.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/11/newcastle-would-have-to-pay-jonjo-shelvey-80000-a-week-in-the-ch/amp/?client=ms-android-zte#

You've got to admire Shelveys determination to see out his 5 1/2 year, £80k a week, no relegation clause contract :-)
  • Options
    At over £4m a year I'm sure he is....
  • Options
    Enough to live like an absolute King up there. Could probably purchase the whole of the city of Newcastle with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Newcastle go down, he'll be at Palace with Pardew next season
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I think you're right. It's only a matter of time until he goes over to the Dark Side.
  • Options
    Newcastle are the Premier League version of us. If they go down and Benitez goes, much will depend on who's appointed as the next manager. If it's a Nigel Pearson 'type', Shelvey could well become the fulcrum of a new team after a wholesale clearout.
    I can't see Shelvey being much in demand so far as the very top clubs are concerned, his future is probably at a Newcastle, Sunderland, perhaps a Middlesbrough type, a decent but not VERY top club.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Shelvey on £80k a week, while Neymar is on £77k a week

At least there's one area where Newcastle United is "better" than Barcelona!
  • Options
    He'll be heralded as some sort of loyal hero - like Steve Harper was

Those geordies are a funny lot
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He'll be heralded as some sort of loyal hero - like Steve Harper was

Those geordies are a funny lot

they're a congregation in search of a God ((:>)
  • Options
    Dropped for the last 2 games, clearly Rafa isn't impressed with him
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

I think you're right. It's only a matter of time until he goes over to the Dark Side.
    I know he has a passing resemblance to him but you make him sound like Voldemort!
  • Options

Dropped for the last 2 games, clearly Rafa isn't impressed with him

He made him captain a week before that

• Options
    Still can't believe they are paying Shelvey 80K a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What has happened to him? Undoubted quality footballer. Is it an attitude problem (as rumoured for Swansea exit) or does Benitez just not rate him?
    His omission from a struggling Newcastle makes no obvious sense to me. Very strange
  • Options
    He made him captain a few weeks ago then dropped him.

Very odd
  • Options
    Think their results have picked up since they dropped him.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Think their results have picked up since they dropped him.

Think again! They failed to beat the worst side in recent prem history, they are probably going to be relegated on Wednesday.
  • Options
    http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/08/jonjo-shelvey-charged-081116

Jonjo Shelvey has been charged for misconduct in relation to Newcastle United’s game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday 17 September 2016.

It is alleged that in or around the 87th minute of the fixture, he used abusive and/or insulting words towards an opponent.

It is further alleged that this breach of Rule E3(1) is an “Aggravated Breach” as defined in Rule E3(2), as it included reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or nationality.

The player has until 16 November 2016 to respond to the charge.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, you've really got to go some to be labelled a racist in Wolverhampton
  • Options
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Always been that sort of person..
  • Options
    edited November 2016

To clarify I don't mean he's always been a racist. I wouldn't know. But I do know he's always been abusive and scummy.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Hes been tearing up the league by the sounds of it too.

The guy he allegedly abused is morroccan. Not sure what was said but the FA must have some sort of evidence to charge him given it was back in September.
  • Options

To clarify I don't mean he's always been a racist. I wouldn't know. But I do know he's always been abusive and scummy.

TBF, everytime I have spoken to him, and it has been on many occasion, he was a credit to the club and his family