Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How good is Laura Trott?

2»

Comments

• Options

Never mind Laura Trott. She's great, but Lizzie Armitstead is even better. Current world champion, and has won both the women's world cup races so far this year. On the road, which is much more of a lottery than the track.

Would ya?
    I think the question is not "Would ya?", but "Would ya stand a chance?", and for all the saddos on here who can't talk about women without reducing them to objects of lust, the answer is obviously "No". Not with Laura Trott, not with Lizzie Armistead, not with any woman with any self-respect. Their best hope is probably onanism. Look on the bright side - at least you'd be having sex with someone you love.
    Is onanism a version of the omnium?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I think there needs to be a bit more challenge to this than just 'would ya'.

How about if you could catch her on your bike, would ya? :-)

• Options

Never mind Laura Trott. She's great, but Lizzie Armitstead is even better. Current world champion, and has won both the women's world cup races so far this year. On the road, which is much more of a lottery than the track.

Would ya?
    Is that a bit of spinach stuck to her teeth?
  • Options
    i hope she doesn't sleep with everyone saying they "would", i would hate to think she was a bit of a bike...
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Would ya?
    I think the question is not "Would ya?", but "Would ya stand a chance?", and for all the saddos on here who can't talk about women without reducing them to objects of lust, the answer is obviously "No". Not with Laura Trott, not with Lizzie Armistead, not with any woman with any self-respect. Their best hope is probably onanism. Look on the bright side - at least you'd be having sex with someone you love.
    You're right. Im humbled by the fact I've ever found pretty, successful women attractive, and mentioned it lightheartedly in public. I feel ashamed.
    The problem with 'Would ya?' is that it's not light-hearted. It says that it doesn't matter how successful a woman is, the only things that are important are does she attract the opposite sex and would they want to have sex with her.
    Quite right.
    You just never see women oggling at Daniel Craig or David Beckham do you?
    They'll all be drooling over a picture of Stephen Hawking in the latest edition of Science Magazine. They certainly would be doing that rather than talking about how fit physicist Brian Cox is.
    Don't go getting all commonsensical with these people. They believe what they believe and they don't mind who they bore with it.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Would ya?
    You're right. Im humbled by the fact I've ever found pretty, successful women attractive, and mentioned it lightheartedly in public. I feel ashamed.
    The problem with 'Would ya?' is that it's not light-hearted. It says that it doesn't matter how successful a woman is, the only things that are important are does she attract the opposite sex and would they want to have sex with her.
    Quite right.
    They'll all be drooling over a picture of Stephen Hawking in the latest edition of Science Magazine. They certainly would be doing that rather than talking about how fit physicist Brian Cox is.
    Don't go getting all commonsensical with these people. They believe what they believe and they don't mind who they bore with it.
    And people who reduce any thread about a woman to "would ya?" believe what they believe and don't mind who they bore with it.

Shall we leave it at that?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    BINGO!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    funnily enough i heard her being interviewed on the radio this morning ..she should be tested for helium !

great performance by her i hope she becomes our greatest female Olympian
  • Options
    Trott, would ya?

Yes from me.

cafcfan said:

Would ya?
    Quite right.
    And people who reduce any thread about a woman to "would ya?" believe what they believe and don't mind who they bore with it.

You're a bundle of laughs. Lighten up.

• Options
    ramy said:

Trott, would ya?

Yes from me.

cafcfan said:

Would ya?
    Quite right.

You're a bundle of laughs. Lighten up.

I can't think of a polite response so I'll say nothing.