Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle Sack McClaren

2»

Comments

• Options
    Could never take McLaren seriously again after the "Wally with the Brolly" match. Any manager who stands on the touchline concerned about their hair getting wet deserves a slap not a job
  • Options
    ' The Wally without a brolly'
  • Options

A terribly overrated manager, who is about to be replaced by another terribly overrated manager. Newcastle will get what they deserve for making such poor decisions.

How do these guys keep getting jobs?

Benitez has been consistently successful throughout his career. Brilliant appointment for Newcastle.
  • Options

A terribly overrated manager, who is about to be replaced by another terribly overrated manager. Newcastle will get what they deserve for making such poor decisions.

How do these guys keep getting jobs?

They're in the relegation zone.

Benitez has won La Liga twice, the Champion's League, the UEFA cup twice, the FA Cup, the Secunda Division.

Think he's too good for Newcastle, personnally.
  • Options
    Benetez confirmed.
  • Options
    didn't take long to appoint Rafa !
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    PL54 said:

Have they not considered Powell ?

Not sure, I'll give Mike Ashley a ring and find out in a minute. Just finishing my banners off for Sunday so please be patient.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that Benitez keeps getting work or the fact that there are people on this forum who think he's a good manager!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He quite clearly is a good manager and his record proves that, he was a ridiculous appointment for Real Madrid because of his style of management/play but he is probably a top 10 manager in the world.
  • Options
    Very good appointment in Rafa, will be interesting if he can get ideas across enough to ensure they survive, think his real work will begin in the summer.
  • Options

Is there a reason why Fraeye was sitting in the dugout (at Derby?) by himself? Did he turn up on the wrong day?

"Johnny told me the game was on Wednesday, where is everybody?"

I think he just told the rest of the staff & subs to spread out....
  • Options

Very good appointment in Rafa, will be interesting if he can get ideas across enough to ensure they survive, think his real work will begin in the summer.

where though? Would be surprised if there isn't an escape clause if they are relegated. Can't see him wanting to manage in the Championship.

• Options
    Waiting to be told that the laundry basket is in place
  • Options

where though? Would be surprised if there isn't an escape clause if they are relegated. Can't see him wanting to manage in the Championship.

I do think they'll have enough to survive but not by a lot, think with Rafa and the quality they have in the squad will keep them up.
  • Options
    Whatever you think of McLaren, I think the way this has been handled has meant he has been treated appallingly. They've obviously known for a while they want rid so should have done the decent thing and just sacked him rather than searching for a replacement in such an unsubtle manner while he was still in the job.

Reckon this significantly increases the chances of Palace getting dragged into though.
  • Options
    I think the sacking was complicated by the fact he was also on the board of directors. If only there was a form you could fill in to get him removed :)
  • Options
    I don't know if rafa will make the best immediate impact. Think he will atleast make them harder to beat but it will take time. He better start working very very hard.
  • Options
    Used to be the wally with the brolly, now known as the wally with the lolly....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Benitez and Newcastle. Couldn't make it up. That'll work.
  • Options
    Karel has got style.

Unfortunately it's the style of an estate agent in Eastenders, who only gets one line.
  • Options
    Why the hell has Benetiz gone there for??? And signed a 3 year deal. He'll be managing in the Championship next season. 2015/16 season managing Real Madrid in the CL and La Liga. 2016/17 season managing a Championship team. Mental
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Why the hell has Benetiz gone there for??? And signed a 3 year deal. He'll be managing in the Championship next season. 2015/16 season managing Real Madrid in the CL and La Liga. 2016/17 season managing a Championship team. Mental

I suspect that he's got a relegation escape clause.
  • Options

cabbles said:

I suspect that he's got a relegation escape clause.
    You could be right actually - I've always rated him. Not sure he can save them though
  • Options
    cabbles said:

His family live up north still I think so he'll be closer to them.