Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton take over complete

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm Saudi owners, the bars will be shut!!
  • Options
    Dont look great for Parkinson and Bolton at the moment does it if they're having to confirm players will be paid.

https://t.co/xMyrpLzvdD
  • Options

Dont look great for Parkinson and Bolton at the moment does it if they're having to confirm players will be paid.

https://t.co/xMyrpLzvdD

Doesn't
  • Options
    I had wondered how they had recovered from their financial meltdown so quickly, without a moneybags owner...
  • Options

Is that the same Ken Anderson that used to be a football agent? The one that was disqualified as a company director for eight years? The one that in the past diverted company money into personal accounts?

Is that the Dean Holdsworth, ex footballer and famous for dating Lindsey Dawn McKenzie?

Surely things will work out ok
  • Options
    Can we get Lawrie back then?
    He's been having a good year.

Ohh and Ben Alnwick. Didn't realise he'd gone there. Would certainly like him of Rudd gets recalled...
  • Options
    Spearing Clayton and Clough would all be great additions too. I would say Dervite but we don't need another CB.
  • Options
    I'm confused - does this mean the Saudi takeover didn't happen ?
  • Options

Can we get Lawrie back then?
    He's been having a good year.

Ohh and Ben Alnwick. Didn't realise he'd gone there. Would certainly like him of Rudd gets recalled...

Alnwick? Haven't you heard the news, according to RD Thuram is better ;-)
  • Options
    Ben Alnwick is expected to get League One player of the month for November, unless more Charlton fans start voting for BFG
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spearing Clayton and Clough would all be great additions too. I would say Dervite but we don't need another CB.

If Clough leaves it will be for a much higher level than us!
  • Options
    Just mentioned on Sky that Bolton could be looking at administration - if that happens, then a 12 point deduction.
  • Options
    Bolton are playing some lovely football tonight. They look like automatic certainties on this performance.
  • Options

Just mentioned on Sky that Bolton could be looking at administration - if that happens, then a 12 point deduction.

Yet they'd still be ahead of us.
  • Options

at one time (might still be) they owed £130 MILLION .. that can never surely be repaid .. if that's anywhere near the case, the club deserves administration ... they are living on other people's money and thriving on it
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    According to this article, they were 200 mil in debt at the beginning of the year...obscene.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/should-care-plight-bolton-wanderers-7155252
  • Options
    PL54 said:

"Holdsworth's consortium bought the club for £1 but handed over £7.5m as working capital until the end of the season, while another £10m has been provided as proof of future funds."

"Davies is also understood to have written off £170m owed to him by the football club."

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Pretty sure the previous owner Eddie Davies wrote off £185M of that when he sold them a few months back. I think he was a local boy done good, bought his local team and lost a truck load of money but sold them on, wiping out their debt to him rather than placing them into administration.

Clearly they were poorly run to get into that trouble but they had the perfect storm of relegation from the PL when it was the norm to come down with huge debt so they were by no means unusual in that respect.

The trouble with a club like Bolton I would imagine is that they are not London based so do not appeal to the same Quantity of owners that a club like ours would. They are in league 3 with a stadium that would not be out of place in the PL. that will come with huge costs attached and means any owner will almost certainly have to fund losses as they are just not a feasible business outside the PL like many clubs.

Their new owner always appeared somewhat spivvy from what I read but it was somewhat 'last chance saloon' for them when they stepped in.

Good luck to Bolton, a proper club who are a victim of the farce of football outside the all powerful PL.
  • Options
    I thought the debt was written off, as above, if they are entering into administration now then the consortium didn't exactly come up with a good plan or their backing has been pulled. If Zac Clough is that good then I imagine he will be sold in January to cover ongoing expenditure and administration could await if they cannot agree a sale?
  • Options
    The thing is who chooses to pay the wages that are being paid how many supporters out there want premier league football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I never understood that deal, or what Holdsworth's role in it actually was!
  • Options
    Dean Holdsworth has lost his 37.5 per cent share in Bolton Wanderers after his company was liquidated in court.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15485513.Dean_Holdsworth_s_Sports_Shield_BWFC_liquidated_at_London_court/