Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What happened to non-clashing kit?

I thought each item of kit had to be a different colour from the opposition's
Watching Reading v Nigels tonight. Different colour socks but near identical shorts in blue and maybe around 50% of both teams' shirts are also blue.
Has there been a rule change I've missed?

Comments

• Palarse away kit is white so maybe a lesser of two evils?
  • Heard them singing " your going down with Charlton" do they know something we don't?
  • edited March 2016

Heard them singing " your going down with Charlton" do they know something we don't?

Can't have heard them sing that, they are always claiming they don't care about us? ;)
  • cafcfan said:

Watching Reading v Nigels tonight. Different colour socks but near identical shorts in blue and maybe around 50% of both teams' shirts are also blue.

I remember going to westbrom one season and having to wear their away shorts as we both had white shorts so not sure why they could have so much of a clash last night.

If it is because their away kit clashes even more the it should have been shirts v skins
  • The shorts can match but socks cannot - this is due to the ref needing to decide who touched the ball last.
  • cafcfan said:

I agree with your basic premise .. BUT .. if you were confused as to who was wearing a blue and white hooped or a claret and blue striped shirt last night, brother, you need to get to an optician a s a p ((:>)
  • Can't remember the match, but a couple of weeks back in a Prem game I noticed that the away team had changed to their away strip, which actually clashed more than the home kit would have.
  • cafcfan said:

I remember going to westbrom one season and having to wear their away shorts as we both had white shorts so not sure why they could have so much of a clash last night.

If it is because their away kit clashes even more the it should have been shirts v skins
    We had to play in a palace kit when we played them at Selhurst one Boxing Day in the early 80's. I think it was because the kit had been left behind rather than a clash though.
  • Not sure it was Boxing Day, I remember one game on Easter Monday.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

I agree with your basic premise .. BUT .. if you were confused as to who was wearing a blue and white hooped or a claret and blue striped shirt last night, brother, you need to get to an optician a s a p ((:>)
    Funny you should say that, I am indeed in the middle of a series of hospital appointments regarding an eyesight problem. My opticians were no help at all other than suggesting I should get to A&E asap.
  • cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Funny you should say that, I am indeed in the middle of a series of hospital appointments regarding an eyesight problem. My opticians were no help at all other than suggesting I should get to A&E asap.
    apologies .. of course I made the post in jest .. I hope that you get the vision problem sorted a s a p
  • cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

apologies .. of course I made the post in jest .. I hope that you get the vision problem sorted a s a p
    Well, it has its advantages - if I watch one of our games wiith my right eye closed, even Roger Johnson passes in a blur. :smiley: