Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Pitch

Considering how much was spent on it, it looks bloody awful in front of the East terrace on telly.

Comments

• Options
    It was fine on Tuesday
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Halix said:

Considering how much was spent on it, it looks bloody awful in front of the East terrace on telly.

I was thinking the same but it hardly matters now
  • Options
    We'll have to sell a centre forward to maintain the pitch
  • Options
    Halix said:

butt the thousands of empty red seats look great....
  • Options
    It looks fine, there's only 4 home games remaining.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Halix said:

butt the thousands of empty red seats look great....
    But how will anyone know theres a walkout.
  • Options

We'll have to sell a centre forward to maintain the pitch

There's two or three I'm happy to recommend !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure Katrien will blame the state of the pitch on the fact of all those pesky beach balls being on it.
  • Options
    Halix said:

I was surprised, it's not as is it's been a hard winter
  • Options

It looks rough in patches.

Two years on this is the one thing the board and their apologists can point to as a positive and even that isn't very good now.

This. It looks like it's heading the wayof the old one.
  • Options
    It does look surprisingly rough, maybe its made of second rate Belgian grass?

I reckon Duchatelet, in his usual clueless penny-pinching style, has spent a fortune on a new pitch, then tried to save money by cutting the groundskeeping budget to the bone, only to have to spend another fortune on it in the summer to put it right again.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Perhaps he sold it off in the close season having developed and nurtured it within our excellent facilities, and we got sent some cheap replacement from one of his many other network clubs (I understand that he sometimes does that sort of thing as part of his business plan). We should be pleased that we played a part in its development and wish it every success in its future career within the top divisions.
  • Options
    I blame the away teams,
    they will insist on running on every blade of grass.
  • Options
    They will likely re-seed it in the close season again (they did that last Summer didn't they ?) so I imagine it is only 'designed' to last for 9 months.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

They will likely re-seed it in the close season again (they did that last Summer didn't they ?) so I imagine it is only 'designed' to last for 9 months.

Well some of the grass is injured and out for the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can only assume that the pitch maintenance budget has been cut.
    Last season, when it was immaculate, after games a team of groundstaff would immediately be out with small mowers. This wasn't to cut the pitch, but the machines acted like hoovers, vacuuming up all loose debris.
    I haven't seen that this year. Then again, I haven't stayed and clapped the players off on many occasions.
  • Options
    Like the team this year, the pitch is not being well managed.
  • Options

I can only assume that the pitch maintenance budget has been cut.
    Last season, when it was immaculate, after games a team of groundstaff would immediately be out with small mowers. This wasn't to cut the pitch, but the machines acted like hoovers, vacuuming up all loose debris.
    I haven't seen that this year. Then again, I haven't stayed and clapped the players off on many occasions.

After the game yesterday they were doing it with big brooms that a couple of blokes were dragging up and down (looked like bloody hard work to me!)

I guess the lawnmowers have been flogged on ebay then!
  • Options

It looks rough in patches.

Two years on this is the one thing the board and their apologists can point to as a positive and even that isn't very good now.

Are there any apologists? There are people like me that are not as " militant" as others, but surely there are not people that still support KM and RD?
  • Options
    Looking back at our game against Boro and comparing our pitch to other Chapmionship pictures on TV this week, our pitch looks much worse despite it being new. Have we cut back on maintenance? We have not had a bad winter.
  • Options
    Bring back Colin Powell
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Bring back Colin Powell

• Options
    Snoop Dogg knows a bit about grass. What's he up to these days?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

You're not very knowledgeable about turfculture are you?