Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***CARD Statement - Post Middlesbrough H***

Comments

• Options
    I don't think I can get a high viz jacket for the lad (6) nor get onto the pitch with him. Pass.
  • Options
    If Varney gets the club back he may not look any further in getting a card member working for him and Charlton in some capacity.
  • Options

A pitch invasion.
    But just before we invade we all put on the same high viz as the stewards.

Not a bad idea.
  • Options

I got sympathy today from a spanner. That's just how bad things have become. Time to piss off Roland.

Same here, but not just one, a whole group of them, along the lines of "Normally we'd be laughing at your plight but we realise how tough you have it with that Belgian in charge".
  • Options
    Who can we send ideas so it's not out there in the public domain for the club to see?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Who can we send ideas so it's not out there in the public domain for the club to see?

You could try a PM to AB....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good statement, great rebuttle. Nice response CARD.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!

Technically it's his club, not ours and if you are one of those that's no longer going to be attending matches he's probably not going to consider you as a customer either. Out of sight, out of mind.
    You could be an Addick living on the other side of the world, not having gone to The Valley for twenty years, but it would still be your club, not Roland's.
    Last saw them in the 60's and never stpped supporting. You are so right. Never regretted moving to Australia but always seek out news of the addicks
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Please send anything to myself or @Davo55 and we'll make sure anything potentially viable goes on the list for debate.

As an aside, Many apologies for anyone who has inboxed me over last few weeks and I haven't responded to yet (I know there are a few). I'm literally getting hundreds of inboxes a day what with this stuff and General CL stuff and I'm reading them all but just can't keep up,with replying to all at the mo, cheers!
  • Options
    I am sure members of CARD are already doing this, but it is important to put yourself in the shoes of the enemy with a view to considering what their strategy may be. I am sure there is an element of siege mentality amongst Meire and her diminishing support team.
    I suspect that they are looking towards the end of the season when there will be a three month respite from match day protestations, which might give them an opportunity to re-group. In my view, it is extremely important to maintain the pressure during that period. A season ticket boycott will ensure financial pressure is maintained, but we have to keep up the mental pressure by some means.
    We do not want her and her support team to be refreshed once the 2016/17 season is under way.
  • Options
    CARD said:

CARD would like to thank the thousands of Charlton supporters who took part in the protests that it organised at yesterday’s match against Middlesbrough.

As well as the many fans involved in the advance planning, more than a hundred supporters volunteered to help before the game with distribution and other essential tasks. We are grateful to all of you - and to Sky Sports and other media for the excellent coverage provided.

Our protests will continue, including at the next home match against Birmingham City on April 2nd.

CARD has noted the statement issued by the club. We wish to remind everyone that the Charlton management refused to meet disaffected supporters in both March 2014 and February 2015 despite specific requests from the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust and others to engage in a constructive dialogue.

Promises to improve communication were made at a video-recorded meeting in October last year and repeated by chairman Richard Murray in January. However, by mid-March these promises are still substantially unfulfilled and appear to be understood by the management as an opportunity for them to repeat the same superficial and flawed analysis, more loudly, more slowly and more clearly.

We believe that supporters have fully understood the "unique offer" for the club's future expounded by chief executive Katrien Meire in Dublin last October and by owner Roland Duchatelet in February, and that they reject it.

Taking all the above into account, CARD therefore views any statement from the club’s failing management making vague promises of future improvement with considerable scepticism. as utter bollocks.

• Options
    Great riposte. We aren't going away and hopefully it is going to get more and more extreme, angry and hostile, and the West lower needs to be invaded at a future game. Right in their smirking faces.
  • Options

As an aside, I was informed by a very good authority that Meire instructed Mick Everett in no uncertain terms that it was his responsibility to ensure that Saturday's funeral procession did not go ahead. I understand that Mick told her that he had no authority over events outside the confines of The Valley.

If true, unlikely to indicate that Ms Meire abandoned a great career in the legal profession....
  • Options

How do we beat yesterday though - thinking caps needed!

Get three on the pitch to protest!!!!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Sky and BBC running this as main story after Putin pulling his troops out of Syria.

Joking aside excellent stuff. They have massively underestimated our fan base.

Past 2 years have been a watershed moment for the club and its support. and we'll emerge stronger for it once the current regime go.

Cannot wait for that day and I bet we will get 20k+ at the following home game. I will be there throwing my loafers at Duchatelet's toppled statue.

Knowing my luck, Roly and Vlad are best friends, and the forces are just being repositioned...
  • Options
    A great statement by CARD.
    you can see that we have all the ACES;
    And the owner has all the JOKERS.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

If Varney gets the club back he may not look any further in getting a card member working for him and Charlton in some capacity.

Then I'd start the CARE agenda.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Dave2l said:

Funny

Fanni.

That was nearly as good as one of your cracking one liners...
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Dave2l said:

Funny

Fanni.

That was nearly as good as one of your cracking one liners...
    Is it school break time?
    Funny

Fanni.
  • Options
    Having read on this post that support etc is coming in from fans from other clubs for what CARD is doing,would it be worthwhile trying to galvanise their support somehow with an online petition. It could even attract support from abroad aswell???
  • Options
    The bigger the better.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

If we're getting support from other fan bases why not try and use it somehow.If RD and the regime hear of opinions going against them from the wider football community surely that's another chink in their armour?
    If an online petition has enough profile and publicity ie get the football media involved eg talksport,sky and so on then it worth a shot.
    It would be one way getting non Addicks fans adding their voice to the campaign.