Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"If" we stay up

If we stay up I think we might have a good year next year.with pope solly tex bauer Fox in defence,harriot cousins kashi bergdich in midfield and lookman and a target man upfront..

Comments

• Options
    The bit you are missing is;

1. Highly unlikely we will stay up
    2. Even if we did at least Lookman will go, if we go down wipe most of that list.

• Options
    1 trying to remain positive hard as it is lol
    2 we will be playing the u21s next year if in lge 1
  • Options
    Hahahahaha.

Let's take the leap of faith and hope we stay up.

Fox needs a decent and defensive minded player in front of him to perform as well as he has last couple of games. Harriott is not that player.

I'm assuming you are playing Harriott on the left and not Bergdich who is supposedly a left back according to a few write ups.

Even if you swap Harriott and bergdich, unfortunately we will almost certainly be shot a JBG next season. JBG has been marked out of a few games this season and has not looked the same player at set pieces as last. Do you think Harriott is better than JBG? I don't.

Lookman won't be at Charlton.

If we go to league 1 as is likely, I fear even Solly, cousins and the very long contract Teixara may leave. Less certain about Kashi due to his long injury. Don't recall bergdich contract.

• Options
    If we stay up, we'll be in a relegation fight next season with the same owner.
  • Options
    Basically the same team we've had this year and you're saying we'll have a good season?
  • Options

If we stay up, we'll be in a relegation fight next season with the same owner.

This.
  • Options
    Does anyone know for sure that JBG has a no promotion clause in his contract?

In the unlikely if we stay up scenario, JBG can still walk?

I'm sounding like his biggest fan now but without JBG and the loan players Nd without replacing them with seasoned championship or better quality we are pure relegation fodder for 16/17 season.
  • Options
    Never staying up.
  • Options
    I really hope we do. But can't see it will happen.

BUT, if it does, my fear is next season will be the same as this. Same people running the club into the ground, same end result.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Roland is always successful and correct in everything he does!

League one it will be! that's what he wants that's what he will work to get!

Apparently he was furious after Sunday! he liked the protests though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bergdich isnt a Left-Back, he doesnt have the tackling ability to play in that position here in England and quite like it when he's played at Left-Midfield as he's a good option to come off the bench and be used on the Counter-Attack like Sunday.

Fox definitely needs someone at Left-Mid to protect him next season so if we keep Harriott hopefully its as a Striker.

We'll need someone on the Right as I'd be shocked if Gudmundsson remains whilst we'll also need to replace his creativity more than ever so ideally someone central who can work alongside Jordan Cousins / Kashi

Wouldn't say no to keeping Marco Motta as a backup option to Chris Solly (hell why not move the latter to Right-Mid as he gets forward and into the opposition box more often than the majority of the rest of the team) whilst would also keep Rod Fanni unless he turns into Roger Johnson Mk.2 (So maybe a one year deal).

I've defended Makienok all season but I reckon I'd send him back as well...

I dont believe that Lookman will be sold if we do survive either, he's beginning to look as though he's been found out by the opposition so wouldnt be surprised if the Premier League sides left him along for another season.
  • Options
    If we stay up, unfortunately some will decide, once more, to give the regime a chance, and we will, more than likely, find ourselves facing the same mixture of apathy and unwillingness, among sections of the support, about protesting at the same stage of next season.

We cannot afford to let up in the protests or, as some would have it, protest in the summer. It has to be a constant campaign until the current regime departs and we get in something more in tune with the wider footballing culture and, more importantly, with what it is to be Charlton.
  • Options

Basically the same team we've had this year and you're saying we'll have a good season?

My thoughts entirely.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

BUT, if it does, my fear is next season will be the same as this. Same people running the club into the ground, same end result.

That's the dilemma. We stay up they think they will ride it out. We all know that more of the same will follow. But I'd rather fight them in the Championship as there will be more of us to do it. Will probably be a bit closer than I previously thought although we have just played 3 equally poor teams, next 2 games will give us a fair idea whether we have it in us.
  • Options

If we stay up I think we might have a good year next year.with pope solly tex bauer Fox in defence,harriot cousins kashi bergdich in midfield and lookman and a target man upfront..

Morning Jose.
  • Options
    I wanted to think positive too, but we need to make up six or seven points (due to goal difference) on two or Fulham, MK & Rotherham. Looking at the run ins, ours seems the hardest of the four (although MK & Rotherham still have to play each other).

Realistically I think we'll be relegated by either the Bolton or Brighton games.
  • Options
    It's a shame but we have to much to do. I have a feeling we will make a fist of it but will finish second bottom.
  • Options

If we stay up I think we might have a good....

Chance of giving our partners a heart attack/more pleasure than usual (in my case none)/a headache....

Beyond that... :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'll side with you.

Pope - Has a new confidence.Didn't look phased at all against Boro.

Solly - Hasn't been the same as at the start of the season, but with a bit of rest and some work he could be the old Solly again soon.

Bauer - Before injury was a beast in the air and on the floor.

Texeira - Seems to do well with stuff on the floor, I'm not so confident in his aerial ability, but a whole pre-season can help that.

Fox - another with new found confidence. He's looked good the last few games.

Kashi - Looked a real find, then got injured... Could be decent.

Cousins - New found confidence under Riga, the Captain's armband belongs with him. Industrious player.

Bergdich - Has looked better under Riga, i'm not sold yet.

Harriott - Always does well under Riga, could be a very good striker.

Lookman - A real prospect, but at the moment that is all he is.

Others we might keep:

JBG - Has lost his way a bit. Maybe needs to refocus himself.

Jackson - Legs aren't there, but could make a great assistant to the coaching set up.

Sarr - Definitely needs a lot of work, I do think he can change still, he is young after all.

Ba - When he's good he's average when he's poor he's dire.

Yun Suk Young - I'd snap him up.

Igor Vetokele - There's a potentially great player there, there's also potentially more injuries.

Ceballos - Saw some good stuff from him. Potentially a player there too.

Diarra - Very old, could do a job still though, maybe coaching?

Motta, THD, Lennon - Could all do a job next season.

Our biggest issues come from the lack of midfield and attacking options coupled with the ages being at the furthest end of each scale - Too inexperienced or too old.

I think had we remained relatively injury free we would be in a good position.

I can see a lot of promise there, but there are also holes throughout.
  • Options
    The negatives if we stay up are that some will decide the Roland and Katrien show deserves another go (amazing how just avoiding a complete mess is seen as a success) and that Jose Riga is a top manager (ditto). Plus, worst of all, they might decide to extend Makienok's loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

The negatives if we stay up are that some will decide the Roland and Katrien show deserves another go (amazing how just avoiding a complete mess is seen as a success) and that Jose Riga is a top manager (ditto). Plus, worst of all, they might decide to extend Makienok's loan

F*** THAT.

They want us relegated so they can sign cheaper players.

I think Riga was let go before for keeping us up. We'll see if that happens again.

They want us to be relegated whilst looking like we are fighting for our lives.
  • Options

The current team is very different from that which started the season, or which featured during the barren period. Having said that, several are loanees or short term signings.
  • Options
    Nug said:

mogodon said:

That's the dilemma. We stay up they think they will ride it out. We all know that more of the same will follow. But I'd rather fight them in the Championship as there will be more of us to do it. Will probably be a bit closer than I previously thought although we have just played 3 equally poor teams, next 2 games will give us a fair idea whether we have it in us.
    Worries aplenty ... especially as to who will be playing. Can't see we can attract anyone half decent into the current mess (assuming Squirrel Face has not exhausted her list of "people I know in football") and we may lose some of the better ones in the current set-up who will be tired of the circus surrounding the club. Our loans will have headed off (thank God in a number of cases) and so probably will Lookman if he and his agent have a shred of sense. So if we stay up we may be in a worse position than we are now, playing wise.
  • Options
    I can see Diarra not getting a new Contract whilst I dont instantly see Ahmed Kashi coming back and being fit for the very first game of the season (Reckon he'll be back around September time).

I've constantly maintained this argument but one thing that hasn't helped is the fact we released about 20 players last season and signed only seven... I think we've got the squad to be dangerous but we are too lightweight so if we sell one / two players (Gudmundsson / Watt) in the summer and sign around seven players in the Bauer / Kashi mould then yes we could have a good season.
  • Options
    Too many people are looking too far ahead.

We've got a game on Saturday.

One game at a time ...... and see what the table looks like on Saturday night.

• Options
    If we get a result on Saturday and if the other results go our way we'll be in with a chance of staying up.

Otherwise this is just wishful thinking.

I'd take a season of stability under Riga to be honest rather than the careering from one end of the table to the other that we've had to put up with so far. Worth remembering that Riga's record so far is 12 points from the 10 games he has had sole management responsibility for: that would be 55 across 46 matches. I actually think he'd do better than that with less turmoil in the background and a more settled squad.
  • Options
    Fox your having a laugh
  • Options
    We might even get spaces after commas and full stops!
  • Options
    The team with the worst goal difference, has 100%, always been relegated.
    since time immemorial.

There is no get out of relegation free card.
  • Options

Keep taking the pills and try not to miss any more doctors appointments