Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON ATHLETIC CRISIS : GRAHAM TUTT CARES

Rt Hon David Evennett MP
Member of Parliament for Bexleyheath and Crayford and Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury,
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Sport, Tourism and Heritage,
House of Commons,
Westminster, SW1 0AA

Dear David Evennett MP

As my MP for the Bexleyheath and Crayford constituency, you are fully aware of my individual Football Against Racism in Europe legal case development 1991-2016, that has been referred to the Home Secretary twice in the last six years.

Your new role as Sports Minister, has also been primed by the information that I sent you on the 4th November 2015 regarding Ben Odeje my former Charlton Athletic FC, Kent Schools, and Blackheath Schools team mate, who in 1971 became the first black footballer to play for England at any level, when he played for England Schools against Northern Ireland at Wembley Stadium. You may recall that I sent you this CACT Equality and Diversity Strand & CARE Partnership video featuring Benjamin Odeje that was made in the 2014/15 football season http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u62oNRwTcdM 43 years after Ben made history, and at the time I said that... 'I truly believe that you, the Sports Minister, and Prince William the current President of the FA, should all be aware of its existence and international significance'.

Charlton Athletic the club at the centre of our international development focus in the Royal Borough of Greenwich are in crisis, as evidenced by the demonstrations, and protests that took place there over the weekend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gozYCH7BWw&feature=share

The Chairman Roland Duchâtelet, and the CEO Katrien Meire refuse to have any dealings with people like me, and Graham Tutt another former Charlton Athletic player, who has put together a package to buy out the Belgian owners, who are completely ignoring Charlton's rich, and unique footballing heritage. The following forwarded email from Graham Tutt, and the associated attachment, bring you and the government 100% up to speed with Graham's proposals, which have the backing of the British-American Business Council of Georgia http://www.babg.org/

Please intervene, and help us end Charlton Athletic's crisis, both on, and off the football pitch.

Yours sincerely

Roy

Comments

• Options
    I'm lost.
  • Options
    everytime you post on here Roy I get a headache. I'm not being rude but you confuse the hell out of me.
    anyway, so your saying Graham Tutt our ex goalkeeper from the mid 70s is going to buy us with a consortium of businessmen from Georgia?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I don't like it.

Sometimes I think, if I had the doe, id run the club better than any of these clowns.
  • Options
    I'm no expert in these matters, but that looks to me like a very poorly constructed, naive approach full of irrelevant material. RD is a business man FFS not one of the reminiscence group (with all due respect to the latter).
  • Options
    I don't really know what to make of this. It's a bizarre letter that will be ignored by most business people because it's so long and rambling, and if Roland isn't intending to sell he's hardly going to say 'here's my price, now have a look at my books'.

And why would anyone need to justify the next head coach, Tutt or otherwise, if Duchatelet wouldn't own the club?

Bizarre. But we have more evidence of potential buyers I guess.
  • Options
    Got a message from Graham Tutt himself earlier.
    Can't open the link On this phone thingy, apparently he has asked to meet with the regime.

Will sort out what I can on the laptop later.
  • Options
    There was stuff about this on Linkedin a few weeks ago - I posted it on here but it sank rather quickly.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

I don't like it.

Sometimes I think, if I had the doe, id run the club better than any of these clowns.

I know i could run the club better.
  • Options
    Roy
    there are two separate issues going on here, please don't use the CARD campaign for your own purposes.
  • Options

Roy
    there are two separate issues going on here, please don't use the CARD campaign for your own purposes.

Exactly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proper Turnham boy.
  • Options
    If that is the approach ' frying pan and fire" springs to mind.
  • Options
    Lost the will to live after ploughing halfway through that!

I'm sure Mr. Tutt has the club at heart, but this letter is asking for a business meeting, it is not a CV!

Am I right in reading that their are American backers willing to take over the club, with the condition that Mr. Tutt is installed as manager?

Very amateurish effort IMHO and I certainly wouldn't want him as manager! What makes him think he could run a club in the championship?

As Masicat has said 'frying pan and fire'
  • Options
    Ad infinitum ...any real issue that you had when you started posting on here ages ago has been destroyed by your ridiculous repetition ever since
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Tutt mentions that this is his third attempt buy the club.

When Katrien claims that there are plenty of buyers interested in Charlton, I'm worried that she is probably just referring to a load of weird emails from Graham Tutt.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    No wonder she's thinks we're weird.

By the way who is this Ben Odeje? Why didn't you mention him before?
  • Options
    Sounds like one of those Nigerian letters where you can get £10mill, all you have to do is send £2k first!
  • Options
    Graham Tutt. Does anyone know if he holds any coaching qualifications at all? Like a UEFA Pro licence maybe?
  • Options
    Thank you to everybody who has viewed, and commented on this post regarding Graham Tutt's draft proposals to buy out Charlton Athletic from Roland Duchatelet.

Many thanks also to Graham Tutt himself, and his agent David Allen, for all their hard work, which has further stimulated the CHARLTON ATHLETIC CRISIS debate, formed business links with the British-American Business Council of Georgia http://www.babg.org/ ,and led directly to an approach to the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Sport, Tourism and Heritage.
  • Options
    This place just gets more bonkers by the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's your view on the recent club statement Roy? you might be able to make some sense of it.
  • Options
    That was an enjoyable read. I didn't realise Graham went on to have a successful career in South Africa and the US after his terrible injury with us. He has also done incredibly well in business in the US, raising millions. However he has less managerial experience in UK football than Karel Fraeye. Why would we want him as manager rather than someone like Curbs?
  • Options

That was an enjoyable read. I didn't realise Graham went on to have a successful career in South Africa and the US after his terrible injury with us. He has also done incredibly well in business in the US, raising millions. However he has less managerial experience in UK football than Karel Fraeye. Why would we want him as manager rather than someone like Curbs?

It's a draft proposal and a great read, and I've suggested that Graham adopts a role similar to the one that Niall Quinn did at Sunderland and appoint a manager to fill the Curbs role.
  • Options
    Who wrote this draft proposal, Roy?
  • Options
    RoyRoy
    edited March 2016

Who wrote this draft proposal, Roy?

Graham Tutt sent it to me by email. So it is his intellectual property.
  • Options
    Roy said:

It's a draft proposal and a great read, and I've suggested that Graham adopts a role similar to the one that Niall Quinn did at Sunderland and appoint a manager to fill the Curbs role.
    That would make far more sense. Has Graham revealed to you who his investors are Roy? If so, do they have the resources to take us to the Premeirship?
  • Options
    Roy said:
    I hope you're not claiming this as a scoop Roy? even Colin gets in a bit quicker than this (:
  • Options

Roy said:
    I hope you're not claiming this as a scoop Roy? even Colin gets in a bit quicker than this (:
    Given the style I thought Roy had written it at first.. but then realised there was no mention of Ben Odeje.