Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird vs Unique

Hmmm....

The way the Belgians are running the club is certainly unique but at the same time very weird.

Maybe Katrien/Roland/Mandy or Tonguey - whoever wrote that statement is correct.

Does weird also mean unique?

Comments

• Options
    No. But the thing is, even if she SAID unique, it would still not make that statement much better.
  • Options
    Okay so

Weird: A negative version of something thats suprisingly original.

Unique: A positive version of original.
  • Options
    My neighbour dresses up in his mothers clothes, he's a right uniqueo!
  • Options
    Unique does not mean weird. She used the word "unique" later in that car crash of a Q&A (to describe "the unique fan experience" on offer or something) so she knows the difference.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

No. But the thing is, even if she SAID unique, it would still not make that statement much better.

Agreed, whether she said 'weird' and meant unique (unlikely), she is still belittling a fan for feeling a sense of ownership in a football club. Watch the whole interview, the context is there, the comment about the ticketing system being ONLY one third of revenues and the 'shareholders' owning the club. She can come back to this and bastardise her own quote as many times as she likes but it'll never look good and she'd be best off leaving it alone.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Unique does not mean weird. She used the word "unique" later in that car crash of a Q&A (to describe "the unique fan experience" on offer or something) so she knows the difference.

was about to say the same, during that interview she uses the word unique elsewhere, she knew the difference.
  • Options

Weird is wanting to shag your sister, unique is having done so.

I'll save my story for another day then.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Okay so

Weird: A negative version of something thats suprisingly original.

Unique: A positive version of original.

No

Unique means the only one

Weird means strange

No similarity

As said above she used the word unique a few seconds later in the correct context and correct meaning.

She said weird and she meant weird in a negative and dismissive way as confirmed by her body language in the film.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a rather feeble attempt to change what was said by pretending the word used was wrong. Not sure why they didn't also claim that she meant "much loved family members" when she said "customers" but guess it's hard to think straight when dictating a statement while clearly rat-arsed.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Unique adjective Being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else. Distinctive, individual, special, idiosyncratic, quirky, eccentric, isolated.

Weird adjective Katrien Meire.
  • Options
    Colin is certainly weird, but in his support for the regime sadly he isn't unique.....a couple more sad cases on here & elsewhere spring to mind!
  • Options
    Weird = Guy Luzon
    Unique = Chris Powell
  • Options
    {...} {...} {...} {...} {...} {...} {...} {...} {...}

You get me?
  • Options
    Snowflakes are weird.
  • Options
    The tone and way she said it on the video I saw, makes it hard to believe she meant unique.