Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The recent "club statement"..could harshly de-motivate players....

Some...or most players need that extra kick up the butt because they don't naturally feel that attachment to play for the shirt which isn't necessarily their fault, it's arguably a piece of what comes with modern football.

For instance...you work for a high profile business...and your a tad more clever then you are stupid, then,........you read that club statement. That is what you are working for. That is what puts money in your bank account. You represent that.

After a 2-0 victory....you would be a bit disappointed that all this crap comes out just after......and your attached to it.

I honestly believe this bloke wants the club relegated and is disappointed by the victory. It's done under a large smokescreen of pretending to be a complete imbecile.

Or he either has enough money to not be bothered or give 2 sh*ts when anger gets the better of him....the respect of Charlton fans and English media is not high enough on priorities for an old rich businessman. Why would it matter at his age? That's the problem.

He can vent as much anger and frustration as he likes without seeing the consequence. His money deflects all of it.

I hope the players know and believe they play for the fans instead of the direct employer. Otherwise that is a sad story in itself for any footballer.

I'm a bit p*ssdd%&£.

Good news is I'm soon to play for a Sunday league Canadian (soccer) football team. Or so I believe.

Comments

• Options
    Of course he wants us to go down. Get rid of the high earners, close half of the ground down and put our talented youngsters in the shop window. We're turning into a southern version of CAFC .... Crewe Alexandra Football Club.
  • Options
    Not just the players. Club staff will also be effected by the senior management statement and must be so looking forward to going to work. Not.

Morale must be at his lowest ebb there when the management are a bunch of fruit loops.
  • Options
    Well, we all go along with the fans being the 12th Man thing I suppose.
    But in reality, it's just not the case is it?
    The 12th man is actually a club's owner. The Manager maybe the 13th man, and the fans the equivalent of the player who gets on to the pitch to warm up but never actually makes either the starting eleven or one of the seven substitutes.
    So, what, just what, will the footballing staff make of this piece of madness from the real 12th man? How will they feel about playing for this lunatic?
    Yes, Roland, the 12th man is a crucial factor and it's you, you idiot. You just screwed up big time.
  • Options
    Don't worry about it according to Marco Motta he hasn't got a clue what's going on anyway.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Of course he wants us to go down. Get rid of the high earners, close half of the ground down and put our talented youngsters in the shop window. We're turning into a southern version of CAFC .... Crewe Alexandra Football Club.

The man is consistent then.

From day 1, Getting rid of high earners at CAFC.
    Average to low by other championship budgets.
    Putting kids in the shop window. ( KAG was put in 2 years too early.)
    Dario Gardi got a cut of the transfer at Crewe, i would think, that will happen at Charlton if it's not already.

Closing part of the ground ?
    building on it for sure if he can.