Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What prompted the change in statement tone?

From Sunday's olive twig to yesterday's rant. Seems something yesterday afternoon triggered it:

FA investigation announced?

Polite letter from Trust Chair to RD, albeit ignoring previous direct order that KM is in charge of 'fan engagement '?

Feedback from the sponsors' meeting at Sparrows Lane?

Discovering that Charlton representatives were at Ebbsfleet and might even cross paths with that billboard man Varney?

Comments

• Options
    An alcohol and cocaine binge at Katie's house last night.
  • Options
    Yeah its proof that when you start using a straw whilst drinking from the bottle there should be one rule.

Turn your Phone / Computer / Tablet OFF!!
  • Options

It was a good night I should add. Marco Motta really enjoyed himself.
  • Options
    I have been wondering the same thing Weegie.

When you look at Sunday's statement, then the one made by CAST shortly afterwards, for the club to do a complete 180 on its Sunday night position makes it all the more baffling.
  • Options

From Sunday's olive twig to yesterday's rant. Seems something yesterday afternoon triggered it:

FA investigation announced?

yes, if true, but only reported by sub-Standard to date.

Polite letter from Trust Chair to RD, albeit ignoring previous direct order that KM is in charge of 'fan engagement '?

would he have even received it yet?

Feedback from the sponsors' meeting at Sparrows Lane?

most likely imo

Discovering that Charlton representatives were at Ebbsfleet and might even cross paths with that billboard man Varney?

I know the statement seemed rushed but that rushed?

• Options
    It was mentioned on another thread that the sponsors meeting was yesterday..maybe that didn't go to well for Roly and his clown collective.
  • Options
    @LargeAddick Yes, he received the Trust statement yesterday. Tend to agree that it would not have played a major part in prompting the rant, but logic does not seem to apply here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe the redacted bits in the Olympic stadium contract refer to ground sharing with charlton and PA is going to blow it wide open in Court tomorrow...ok, total bollox I know but, hey, they started it...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I can't help wondering if the first Mel Baroni knew of it was a message last night suggesting she check Twitter.
  • Options

I'm guessing...

Sunday's was the work of the Comms team aimed at getting a public message out through media channels, and possibly a signal to the Football League that the club are looking to resolve these things.

Last nights was the doing of someone overriding the advise of the comms team and insisting their message gets put out. I suspect in the end the comms team said fair enough, if that's what you insist, so put it out probably knowing how unpolished, unprofessional and contradictory to its earlier message.

Thats exactly it. just the fact that it was met with wall of silence from Comms team and not pushed through other channels, and almost hidden on the site means that they want to avoid it blowing up...
  • Options
    Can I just make it clear that the 'meeting' at Sparrows Lane yesterday was a 'Training Ground Experience' and the attendees were in the main hospitality customers NOT Sponsors.
  • Options

Can I just make it clear that the 'meeting' at Sparrows Lane yesterday was a 'Training Ground Experience' and the attendees were in the main hospitality customers NOT Sponsors.

OK, thanks for clarifying. I remember one of the sponsors on here mentioning a club meeting in mid March, so thought it was that.

• Options

Sunday - what they want us to think.

Tuesday - what we really think.

So far out of her depth it's unreal.

They bought the wrong 'business' in the wrong industry.

Spot on
  • Options
    I think Sunday's email was from Mel. Polite, understanding and generally good PR.

I suspect Tuesday's was all KM or, less likely, RD. Belligerent, myopic , tell the scum to behave, we're going nowhere.

I cannot believe Mel saw this. I hope for her career she did not think it remotely a good idea.
  • Options

but........

"katrientheuselessturd is having a party, bring your vodka and ye charlie"

just isnt quite right
  • Options
    How about the song of.

The dozy mare is having a party, bring your vodka and ya charlie!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a chat with Mel yesterday and she really seems to want to change the perception of the club. I'm sure she had no hand in this.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I had a chat with Mel yesterday and she really seems to want to change the perception of the club. I'm sure she had no hand in this.

I've never met her, but it's clear that since she has started there have been a number of sensible, thought out moves to try and close the gap with supporters. Obviously that's her work. This is clearly not, and she must be pretty gutted that everything she has done to try and improve the situation has been undermined so dramatically in one fell swoop.
  • Options

"Training Ground Experience????" - my first thought was that this must have started off with a safety briefing before you were given your overalls and helmets and then made to do 10-laps each (in groups of 3) to find out who's the fastest. This would then be followed by a hot lunch and some amusing anecdotes?

I then realised that was ridiculous and what it really meant was you were all sitting outside in the mud on a sofa watching some academy groundsmen buffing their mowers to impress any Premier League Groundsmen scouts present whilst a live action feed of exactly what you're looking at is shown on an average Large Screen in the background followed by a (small) warm lunch and some amusing malapropisms? Yeah that makes much more sense and if you pay for a premium package in League 1 next year you get to do it all again. :wink:
  • Options
    For some reason, I keep thinking of Dr Lecter performing a craniotomy on Roland and then having a nice chat with him while sautéing his prefrontal lobe.
  • Options
    If Mel is doing her job, she has to tell the writer (it seems Roland) that this was idiocy and has made the club a laughing stock.
  • Options
    I worked for a guy like RD who would ignore all his team and do the stupid. Poor Mel must be dusting down her CV.
  • Options

Circumnavigated in this instance and I would imagine her job is almost impossible.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

For some reason, I keep thinking of Dr Lecter performing a craniotomy on Roland and then having a nice chat with him while sautéing his prefrontal lobe.

That can be arranged young man! (my avatar)
  • Options

I must ask ME14. Did they show you the Leaburn Gate?

About halfway along the footpath adjacent to the training ground, a gate was put in some time ago to make it easier to retrieve wayward footballs. About the same time CL was playing for us.

• Options
    Kap10 said:

I worked for a guy like RD who would ignore all his team and do the stupid. Poor Mel must be dusting down her CV.

If she's any sense she will be.