Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Roland really senile?

I think that question has to asked seriously, after recent developments. Not a joke - seriously! If he is not of sound mind - should he be running a football club?

Comments

• Options
    oooooooooooooooooooo Roland we wanna know oo why ur such a

• Options
    If you are rich you are not senile, you are eccentric
  • Options

Harsh.

He's unique! (meaning weird)

• Options
    He thinks that he is desended from King Canute and because he has money he can stop the tide coming in........
  • Options
    The man shouldn't be running a football club full stop. That's not anger directed towards him it's just a serious matter that the football hierarchy should fully investigate, evaluate and take seriously.

Get him out.
  • Options
    Senile? Possibly. Deluded, most certainly.
  • Options
    Huh. Yes he is!
  • Options
    Nah, he just has remarkable self belief and believes he is an unappreciated visionary, like Alan Turing. I guess that's what got him all his money in the first place. Shame he can't take advice from anyone and surrounds himself with idiots and sycophants. However, his complete refusal to hire someone he doesn't already know is beyond delusion.
  • Options

Shame he can't take advice from anyone and surrounds himself with idiots and sycophants.

Surely no business tycoon would do that?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has made himself a shed load of money that's for sure, but it does not appear to have brought him any wisdom in the process.
    He understands success on a balance sheet, but has little idea, it seems, of what it looks like anywhere else.
  • Options
    I would say he is autistic - seems to have trouble reading people.
  • Options

That is exactly the word Douglas from de Morgen used. I dont think it was meant as a diagnosed condition. But he is a maths genius or similar, and you often see that kind of behaviour in such people.
  • Options

That is exactly the word Douglas from de Morgen used. I dont think it was meant as a diagnosed condition. But he is a maths genius or similar, and you often see that kind of behaviour in such people.
    Interesting - you could have a point. His earlier interviews with Rich Cawley were incredibly badly judged, but this statement take the biscuit!!!!
  • Options
    Not senile. Deluded and used to getting everything his own way. Mildly autistic perhaps. Belgian.
  • Options
    It's pure arrogance.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Could be high functioning, or what they used to call aspergers.

• Options
    Intervention!?
  • Options

Could be high functioning, or what they used to call aspergers.

I disagree. I have Aspergers but am not a c*** that wants to destroy football teams and be hated by supporters. Nor do I want to run loony political parties.

• Options

Well his staff seem to have trouble reading emails.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a penile
  • Options

He thinks that he is desended from King Canute and because he has money he can stop the tide coming in........

Yes, that will be it.

He even chose to use the title that Canute was more commonly known by: Cnut The Great.

Unfortunately he got the words in the wrong order and spelt one of them inaccurately.
  • Options
    He's autistic without a doubt. His refusal to change failed decisions points to this. Some of his 'eccentricities' only support this opinion.

Meire knows this and I believe she's conning him as to the truth as to what is going on at The Valley.
  • Options
    Be dead soon
  • Options
    Addickted said:

He's autistic without a doubt. His refusal to change failed decisions points to this. Some of his 'eccentricities' only support this opinion.

Meire knows this and I believe she's conning him as to the truth as to what is going on at The Valley.

He must have been adaptive to change and innovative at some point in his life to build his semiconductor empire. I think the issues here are political Dogma. It's about proving how a network is the way to succeed in the FFP era, and not wanting to lose 2 years work and player/staff integration in to that network.

It's a "you f**kers didn't vote for my party, but look at how I can run a football empire!!" - only its not quite panned out that way. Only Upjest seem content, but that could be luck more than judgement!!
  • Options
    What makes you think Upjest fans are content?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Addickted said:

They don't seem too happy on reddit, one commented on a thread about us.

Redditor and Ujpest fan Madjugah wrote:
    The guy is a c**t. He is our owner and every time we have a decent group of players, he either 'promotes' them to another of his teams that are better than us, or sells them instantly, without the club getting anything in return. The only effort he puts into the club for us, is making sure that we are not relegated. Historically we are the 2nd best team in hte country with the 2nd biggest fan base.

Sounds pretty familiar.

The thread can be found here- https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/49zryq/what_happened_to_charlton_athletic_and_why_the/
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Be dead soon

Hopefully just 198 months to go.

• Options

Addickted said:

They don't seem too happy on reddit, one commented on a thread about us.

Redditor and Ujpest fan Madjugah wrote:
    The guy is a c**t. He is our owner and every time we have a decent group of players, he either 'promotes' them to another of his teams that are better than us, or sells them instantly, without the club getting anything in return. The only effort he puts into the club for us, is making sure that we are not relegated. Historically we are the 2nd best team in hte country with the 2nd biggest fan base.

Sounds pretty familiar.

The thread can be found here- https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/49zryq/what_happened_to_charlton_athletic_and_why_the/
    Completely lost it on the first comment thread..