Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    “They are clearly unhappy for whatever reason but it’s a big ask to move out an owner and there must be different avenues they can use to get their message across.”

Given, 39, joined Stoke in the summer but is yet to play a league game for the club. "

Yeh, but you forgot to mention what they are! - Shay - a 39 year old former goalkeeper.
  • Options
    There are some pundits out there who I do just think "foreign owner, unhappy fans - happens all the time", and would maybe attribute that simplistic view to Charlton without fully realizing the extent of damage that has actually been done (lying to fans, hiring Belgian 3rd Division managers, network transfers etc).
  • Options

Some people will find mock funeral processions distasteful.

Given's comments also appear to show a lack of understanding of the feelings of supporters at both Charlton and Newcastle. Perhaps indicative of the gap between some who are paid by the game and those who pay to watch the game.
  • Options
    No more than a passing interest anyway and now, no couldn't give shit what he thinks.

Is he mates with Hendo?
  • Options
    Never forgave him for keeping kiely out the Irish team for yonks.
  • Options

Has anyone told him that we didn't actually sacrifice anybody and the coffin was empty?....................

Actually it contained his career, which is now dead and buried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the Hendo connection is the key here,Republic buddies.A way of Hendo saying what he thinks instead of putting his head above the parapet
  • Options
    He's a 39 year old goalkeeper and one that isn't playing right now. When he has played, his job was basically to stand between two goals posts (and a bar across the top) and keep a ball from entering his net. As far as I know this doesn't require a degree in goalkeeping, nor any type of qualification other than diving around and kicking the ball to team mates. What this adds up to is a nothing story in the paper which clearly must have had a slow news day.
  • Options
    Well, he has hit the final nail in the coffin head.

Cheers Shay, how silly of us.
  • Options

What the f_ck has it got to do with him?

Jog on Shay there's a good lad.

That's like saying "Whats it got to do with James Cordon," when he tweeted support against the regime. Shay Given is clearly a football man and deserves his opinion. It could be that he hasn't done much research and thats why he's chose to say that. There wasn't many quotes written above and could be as someone pointed out that he may have found the funeral a bit distasteful. For whatever reason and right or wrong we shouldnt dismiss people's opinions and question their right to offer one just because its something we disagree with. Shay Givens got as much right to voice his opinion as has a an West Ham supporting Actor.
  • Options
    ^^ why is he offering an opinion with media without researching?
  • Options
    timken said:

I think the Hendo connection is the key here,Republic buddies.A way of Hendo saying what he thinks instead of putting his head above the parapet

They come from the same country. I'm actually not too sure they'd have been in many squads together as Henderson is quite far down the pecking order, he was in the playoff squad due to Westwood and Given pulling out.

Although I love a conspiracy theory, Henry Irvine owns a Celtic pin badge and Shay Given in fact supports Celtic!!! I'm off to start a Henry Irvine supports the regime thread!!!
  • Options
    Someone else who doesn't get it !!
  • Options
    If ours was a step too far , why want Leeds'?
  • Options
    Thanks for keeping us in the spotlight Shay,
  • Options
    iamdan said:

^^ why is he offering an opinion with media without researching?

I'm not saying he hasn't researched I'm saying he might not of. He could have been facing the media about various other things. I'd be very surprised if he contacted the newshopper wanting to vent his opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shay is from Donegal and is Catholic and it's probably not the thing to mock in his eyes, he didn't seem to have a problem with the beach balls.
  • Options
    Shay Given was a guest on sky sports news today. During that programme one of the topics of conversation was about fans protesting against owners. So he gave his opinion which is what they are supposed to do, to fill up a rolling sports news programme.

No one does death like the Irish from my experience. So he might have found it a bit distasteful but I'm sure it was a throwaway comment.

• Options
    The same Shay Given who had agreed a deal with Middlesbrough and then pulled out at the last minute to sit on the bench at Stoke for more money? I wonder if there's a little bit of guilt tied up in there Shay?
  • Options
    Shay Given - hasn't got an alter ego who goes by the name of Colin by any chance?
  • Options
    Perhaps he can suggest these other "means"? what haven't we thought of?
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I don't think the comments were anything other than a lack of knowledge.

Given is assuming that, in the same way as Colin taught Pep Guardiola all he knows about football (whilst keeping the secret, higher, knowledge to himself), RD is a normal football club owner, who has just made a number of errors.

While we all know that Roland is to footballing sanity what Jeffrey Archer is to great literature, it is not always apparent to everyone else.

Given just assumes that the Shareholder has erred, whilst we have learned, to our sorrow, that he has a vision that he has determined to "bless" us with...
  • Options
    Always seemed like a relatively nice guy, but massively overrated keeper on his day. He's what I fear about Hendo. He was a great shot stopper, but his distribution was awful, he never seemed to organize a defense, and he never, ever came for crosses or corners. I remember when he was at City Kompany and Toure constantly heading inside their own six yard box. There's a reason he was at Newcastle for so long and no one bigger side came along.
  • Options

Shay is from Donegal and is Catholic and it's probably not the thing to mock in his eyes, he didn't seem to have a problem with the beach balls.

I'm catholic too and you don't see me bitching
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

I'm catholic too and you don't see me bitching
    Yes because every Catholic is the same!!!! Just like every protestant and also all Muslims.