Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England squad

England squad - To Play Germany & Holland

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Still no places for Mark Noble, Mikhail Antonio, Marc Albrighton....all in great form.

Yet Theo Walcott is in there.

Comments

• noble antonio and albrighton really?
  • As is Danny Welbeck... Surely has to be a love child of Woy
  • I'd stick Troy Deeney in there ahead of Sturridge or Welbeck
  • I'd stick one of our chickens in there ahead of Walcott

I can kind of get Welbeck though. He's a goal threat and since coming back from injury he's been decent for Arsenal.

None of ours are English though...

I can kind of get Welbeck though. He's a goal threat and since coming back from injury he's been decent for Arsenal.
    Also who else would you put in the squad in front of him?
  • Hart

Clyne-Cahill-Smalling-Rose
    Drinkwater
    Alli-Barkley
    Sterling-Kane-Vardy

They are, because I'm pure bred English (Apart from my kidney) and I'm the one who's gonna eat em. Makes em English in my book
  • Sponsored links:

• This'll no doubt be the Squad... Really can see it being a fight between Kane / Vardy for the England Striker spot with Rooney taking the other place when he gets back

Hart
    Walker ... Cahill ... Jagielka ... Rose
    Henderson ... Milner
    Lallana
    Sterling ... Kane ... Welbeck
  • Stones can't get into the leaky Everton defence. Cahill has had a crap season apparently.

Sterling, Sturridge, Walcott and Sterling are there because of the size of their transfer fees as opposed to their abilities. Surprised Oxlade-Chamberlain hasn't got in despite doing fuck all this season
  • I'd definitely have Noble instead of Milner in the squad, we know what Milner can do...
  • No great surprises, although personally I would have had Noble before Henderson or Milner
  • No idea why Mark Noble is constantly overlooked. Seem him live a few times this season and lots on TV and he has been outstanding.
  • This'll no doubt be the Squad... Really can see it being a fight between Kane / Vardy for the England Striker spot with Rooney taking the other place when he gets back

Hart
    Henderson ... Milner
    Lallana

Holding midfielders of Henderson and Milner yet no place for Alli/Drinkwater/Dier??
  • edited March 2016

This'll no doubt be the Squad... Really can see it being a fight between Kane / Vardy for the England Striker spot with Rooney taking the other place when he gets back

Hart
    Henderson ... Milner
    Lallana

Holding midfielders of Henderson and Milner yet no place for Alli/Drinkwater/Dier??
    He's right though, that probably will be the side and we'll hear the same old 'the others aren't ready for international football' bollocks.

neither is Sterling
  • Sponsored links:

Hart
    Henderson ... Milner
    Lallana

He's right though, that probably will be the side and we'll hear the same old 'the others aren't ready for international football' bollocks.
    I missed the "This'll no doubt be the Squad".

I thought that was his side.

Sorry mate @ForeverAddickted
  • If it was up to me I'd have

Hart or Butland
    Clyne .. Stones .. Smalling .. Rose
    Alli .. Drinkwater
    Barkley
    Vardy .. Kane .. Albrighton
  • hart

clyne smalling stones rose

henderson barkley alli

sterling kane vardy
  • Our defence is awful.

This, and Stones is certainly not the answer right now he has had a woeful season, Smalling the best of the bunch, paired with Cahill IMO.
  • hart

clyne smalling stones rose

henderson barkley alli

sterling kane vardy

If Stones and Rose swap a letter, then we can have Stone Roses in our back four!
  • I'd stick Troy Deeney in there ahead of Sturridge or Welbeck

Is that you Roland?

Hart
    Henderson ... Milner
    Lallana

A piece of me will die inside if this is the case.
    Cahill is the new Ferdinand - automatically gets a place regardless of form
    Same goes for
    Jagielka the new Terry
    Lallana is the new Lampard
    Henderson the new gerrard

And to an extent Hart. He's really not as great as some make out

• Keeper situation is looking very good compared to recent years (Rob Green v David James etc).
  • Daniel Fucking Sturridge