Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pot kettle black, yellow and red

Apologies if anyone has clocked and posted this before, but I see on RD's wiki page that during his student years at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven "he participated in the May 1968 student revolts" which brought the Belgian government to its knees. Presumably this didn't require beach balls, but if I'm correct in my search of video footage, it did involve marching, banners and police cordons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od7zhkIW-Qo

RD's wiki goes on to explain:

"In 1993 he wrote a book NV België, verslag aan de aandeelhouders (Joint stock company Belgium, a report to the shareholders), published in early 1994. In his book, he pleaded for economic and political transparency. He emphasized the necessity of sustainable development in a globalized world economy. He also proposed to lower Belgium's public expenditure by 30%. A new political party BANAAN ("Beter Alternatieven Nastreven Als Apathisch Nietsdoen", or "Better seeking for alternatives than doing nothing in apathy") used this book as its political program."

Revolting...mmmm. Transparency, mmmm. "Better seeking for alternatives than doing nothing in apathy"...mmmm. All food for thought.

In 2004 his second book was published: De weg naar meer netto binnenlands geluk (The road to more net domestic happiness).

I wonder if his third might be along the lines of "The long road back from foreign unrest"

Comments

• Options
    micks1950 said:

I think CARD could consider possibly using the "Better seeking for alternatives than doing nothing in apathy" quote on a leaflet or banner...?

That would be amusing :smile:
  • Options
    I forgot to mention, you need to wind forward to about 4.07 on the vid for the action to start.