Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clear out in summer

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
According to Ketts on Dr Kish:

Whether Charlton survive or not, there is certain to be a massive turnover of players in the summer.

Particularly if they are relegated, the Addicks will want to move players on, including some of their big earners.

Players such as Stephen Henderson, Naby Sarr, Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Jordan Cousins, Cristian Ceballos, Igor Vetokele, Reza Ghoochannejhad, Zakaraya Bergdich, El-Hadji Ba, Joe Pigott, Roger Johnson and Tony Watt are amongst those who may start the next campaign away from The Valley.

Charlton have an option to buy Simon Makienok in the summer, but it seems unlikely that they will take it up.

This is just a taster, whole article is interesting, in my opinion, I hope you do not mind me putting some of your comments on here Ketts, just enough to encourage others to read your article

Comments

• Options
    Shame Jordan Cousins is in there... As I said after Sunday, I'm not surprised in a sense that Henderson will be sold, reckon the club will want to cash in on him regardless this summer based on his injury record.
  • Options
    Wouldn't it have been quicker to list those staying?

I'd keep Mak if his home club picked up his wages, otherwise it's 'ciao bello' to the big Dane.
  • Options
    I can't see us selling quite a few of them, other clubs have to want them for you to sell them. Contract cancellations? Maybe
  • Options
    Well let me be the first to say it... Vetokele / Makienok / Reza / Watt all going.

I think we need to concentrate on strengthening up front this summer... If they don't come up I'd love us to go for Tom Bradshaw (Walsall)
  • Options
    Money well spent that Naby Sarr.
  • Options
    Will be difficult to get rid of Sarr with his five year contract. Which strange European country second tier will he end up on loan in?
  • Options
    tricky said:

Will be difficult to get rid of Sarr with his five year contract. Which strange European country second tier will he end up on loan in?

Spanish Second Division... there is a lovely club in Madrid who might want to agree to a loan deal.

Talking of which, when does Dmitrovic's Contract end (not that I'm refering to Alcorcon in the above of course)
  • Options
    tricky said:

Alcorcon - although Spain is not strange - it's unique...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd keep, if possible:

Pope, Mitov
    Solly, Lennon, Teixeira, Bauer, Fox, THD
    Cousins, JBG, Jackson, Diarra, Harriott
    Vetokele, Lookman

With KAG, Muldoon, RCC etc all coming through too

And build around that. However I doubt Teixeira and Bauer will both stay, and JBG will definitely leave, and we will probably cash out on Lookman and Cousins
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    They'll probably be the best location for Sarr (Because of his time in Portugal) and Ceballos (Spanish)

Thank god we're not going to have to endure the whole 18-months of the RoJo Contract, reckon we'll see him go to the MLS in the same style as Franck Moussa, Ricardo Vaz Te and Andre Bikey
  • Options
    Ketts also suggests that we'll look at players such as George Moncur or Robbie Simpson.....

who are English so unlikely

• Options
    mr.se7 said:

Ketts also suggests that we'll look at players such as George Moncur or Robbie Simpson.....

He also said: The club have indicated that future recruitment will focus more on British talent. If they are relegated, there are a number of lower league players who could be on their radar.
  • Options
    mr.se7 said:

Robbie Simpson being this guy...? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Simpson

George Moncur could be a possibility as Colchester really are doomed yet will we get into a bidding war with other Championship clubs like Wolves who are also potentially interested
  • Options
    I'd keep Sarr and Ceballos.

Sarr has potential - lots of it.
    Ceballos could be like Wes Houlihan was for Norwich.

Cousins is future captain material - we should push him to want to stay. A few others too - we should say "Give us a year to get out of this" - Teixera, Bauer maybe.

Igor will be out of here.

Interestingly Lookman implied he wants to stay the other day. He said he just wants to be playing. When asked about the interest he said he still expects to be here next season. So did Jacko.

• Options
    ross1 said:

mr.se7 said:

He also said: The club have indicated that future recruitment will focus more on British talent. If they are relegated, there are a number of lower league players who could be on their radar.
    The differences between indications and actions are that of which the club don't understand
  • Options

mr.se7 said:

Robbie Simpson being this guy...? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Simpson

George Moncur could be a possibility as Colchester really are doomed yet will we get into a bidding war with other Championship clubs like Wolves who are also potentially interested

Yeah, so it says.
  • Options
    Doesnt have the greatest scoring record as a Striker so I guess thats why we're after him.

His Spreadsheet skills must be stunning!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I'd keep, if possible:

Pope, Mitov
    Solly, Lennon, Teixeira, Bauer, Fox, THD
    Cousins, JBG, Jackson, Diarra, Harriott
    Vetokele, Lookman

With KAG, Muldoon, RCC etc all coming through too

And build around that. However I doubt Teixeira and Bauer will both stay, and JBG will definitely leave, and we will probably cash out on Lookman and Cousins

Highly doubt for those bolded, and three of those I've left are due to injuries they may just settle, Solly, Jackson & Veto.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    George Moncur is out of contract. Probably going to Ipswich.
  • Options
    trouble is the players we'd like to keep will go and the players the club would like to move on are on long contracts
  • Options

trouble is the players we'd like to keep will go and the players the club would like to move on are on long contracts

And not worth what they are currently earning!
  • Options

And not worth what they are currently earning!
    Or what they paid for them
  • Options
    I can't see why we'd want to move Cousins on unless his wages are really high, and surely that would depend on whether we get relegated or not.

More to the point, WHO would be making these decisions anyway?
  • Options
    Even the players the club can't sell will be sent out on loan and we will subsidise their wages.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I can't see why we'd want to move Cousins on unless his wages are really high, and surely that would depend on whether we get relegated or not.

More to the point, WHO would be making these decisions anyway?

Because if (when) we're relegated he's one of the few players who will be in demand and can be sold for a few quid. Going to be harder to get other players off the books to save money.
  • Options
    Nothing says building for the long-term like another summer overhaul plugged with short-term contracts and ageing, injury prone free agents.
  • Options
    We've got more churn than a bleeding dairy.
  • Options
    Cousins will go if we're relegated - he deserves better than this mess.