Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mel Baroni - Latest to Resign

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to her. The statement was so semi-literate that there is no way that Ms Baroni could have OK'd it so I'd guess she was feeling bypassed. Hope she gets something sorted soon.
  • Options
    46 days.
  • Options
    Respect to her. If only KM had her principles.
  • Options
    Who or what will Katrien blame this one on?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I spoke to Mel after The Bromley Supporters meeting ended on February 25th.

I explained that the attendees had been ever so nice and didn't really reflect the mood of the majority of supporters. I offered my opinion, that she could be the best Communications Manager in the world and still wouldn't be able to succeed, with RD & KM at the helm.

I met her again by invitation, 2 days later in The MIllenium Lounge, to "finish" our conversation.

Sorry guys, it looks like she has heeded my advice, after Roland no doubt ignored her/ her advice.

All the best to Mel. She seemed like a pleasant and efficient type, so she was never going to last.

So what you're saying is....

The only time a senior member of staff has listened to a fan in the last 2 years she's only been there a couple of weeks, and the advice she listened too was to resign?! ;)

Fair play to her for giving you the opportunity of a second meeting though, a very decent courtesy when she must've already been aware of how the conversation was likely to end. Her attitude seemed spot on.
  • Options
    Roly just reading the resignation letter rubbing his hands together thinking 'another victory for me, they must now think it was Mel who wrote that statement.'

The next one only has to last 2 months to be another Roly victory point, he only gets better over time you know.

All seriousness well played to her, she no doubt had fantastic intentions to help us all but of course was not given the chance, backing or platform to do so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    stonemuse said:

LuckyReds said:

I know I joked about writing a LinkedIn recommendation for the poor woman, but this is actually quite a loss considering how short her time here was.

In another thread today it was mentioned how she was a glimmer of hope; that finally someone that had been appointed that the fans could relate too, and actually someone who had put her head above the parapet and sat with the fans very early on during her time here. Very respectable.

Although she may not have had the experience some would've liked to have seen, if only for her attitude, I really had a desire to see her make it work here - and see her outlast the regime and have a crack at the role under proper management. After all, if she could survive the trial by fire that she'd placed herself in, she could do anything.

Sadly Mel, by confronting the fans and visiting both the museum and Bromley Addicks it appeared you had too much of a backbone to work with the current regime. The fact you did so however, speaks volumes about your dedication and professionalism, and as such I'm sure finding a new job will be an easy task - that this little bump in your career will be very easily explained away - and you'll have learnt a lesson for the future.

Good luck.

Sent her a LinkedIn message congratulating her on such a principled approach
    I was tempted to do the same, but I was put off by having to add her as a connection - I often feel like I'm gaming the system by lying about knowing the person. Makes me feel too much like a recruiting agent.. ;)

It's a shame, as if she saw my LinkedIn profile she'd probably feel a bit better and realise that 46 days actually beats one of my stints somewhere!
  • Options
    Well done Mel, we are all surprised you stuck it out for 46 days. Feel free to jump in here and spill the beans, you are amoungst friends.
  • Options
    An honest, decent professional.

That's why she's gone.

Very best wishes for the future Mel.

Under a normal ownership you would have flourished.

Now Pinocchio, why don't you do the decent thing?

Sorry, what's that you say? You're not decent, honest, reliable, competent or fit for purpose.

I'd never had guessed.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I spoke to Mel after The Bromley Supporters meeting ended on February 25th.

I explained that the attendees had been ever so nice and didn't really reflect the mood of the majority of supporters. I offered my opinion, that she could be the best Communications Manager in the world and still wouldn't be able to succeed, with RD & KM at the helm.

I met her again by invitation, 2 days later in The MIllenium Lounge, to "finish" our conversation.

Sorry guys, it looks like she has heeded my advice, after Roland no doubt ignored her/ her advice.

All the best to Mel. She seemed like a pleasant and efficient type, so she was never going to last.

So what you're saying is....

The only time a senior member of staff has listened to a fan in the last 2 years she's only been there a couple of weeks, and the advice she listened too was to resign?! ;)

Fair play to her for giving you the opportunity of a second meeting though, a very decent courtesy when she must've already been aware of how the conversation was likely to end. Her attitude seemed spot on.
    In fairness Sue Parkes kind of highjacked the conversation & Chris invited me to The Millenium Lounge.

(Possibly, he did it to get rid of me, assuming I'd decline).
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    If only someone had some idea this might happen?

Dazzler21 said:

Can we bet as to how long til Mel Baroni quits after her CEO ignores her advice about what Mel is actually the expert in?

Oh yeah that was me that called it.

• Options
    Good on you Mel for having principles, You can now join the growing band of disgruntled ex-employees, there are some good people in there.
  • Options
    Her principles matter more than her salary. Coincidence that she walks just after that ridiculous statement is released. I wish her well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HarryLime said:

Good on you Mel for having principles, You can now join the growing band of disgruntled bitter ex-employees, there are some good people in there.

• Options

I wonder what Shay Given thinks of this?

I think we've found the replacement to "Thanks Colin"
  • Options

I wonder what Shay Given thinks of this?

I think we've found the replacement to "Thanks Colin"
    "Thanks Richard" was the replacement for that, but soon disappeared
  • Options
    It would be good if CARD could get in touch with her and stress that all the fans are behind her and congratulate her for having the dignity to resign if she does not agree with the way the club is run. This should get out to the mass media as well, will not make RD or KM look very good that we wait all that time for her to join the club and she resigns in about month over the way the club is being run
  • Options
    Was she a WouldYa ?
  • Options
    Respect. Sticking to her professional principles.
  • Options
    Dont worry its a ruse from the club... Release the Head of Comms so us the fans cant find out about all the players we're going to sell in the Summer and go on riots / protests even when there are no matches
  • Options
    I'm no employment lawyer, but could Mel pursue constructive dismissal?