Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brighton on TV ?

Whilst understanding that all the games on the last day will kick off at same time ....is it possible that the Brighton home game on 23rd April could be on TV and therefore moved?

Comments

• Options
    Sky announced some Championship games yesterday (I think) that will be on TV in late April but no Charlton games were mentioned.
  • Options
    It will be announced by sky10 days before - once everyone has bought train travel etc :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Games announced for that weekend

Fri 22nd April - Preston North End v Burnley Championship, Sky Sports (19:45)

Sat 23rd April Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday Championship, Sky Sports (12:30)
  • Options
    I would have thought maybe the Burnley game would be televised?
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Sat 23rd April Derby County 12:30 Sheffield Wednesday Championship, Sky Sports (12:30)

No Leeds?

I might have to cancel my Sky Sports subscription in protest.
    Or Boro!

Only one Yorkshire team features out of the 4 chosen, discrimination!
  • Options
    TEL said:

That potentially might be... they usually only announce the final games for television at the last minute so that they can cover the most important action from the final day (i.e. last season they showed the Derby and someone else games because of the Play-Offs)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Dear fans,

You've been shown THREE times on the television this season, thats once more than last season... You moan that you never win on Sky, you beat Middlesbrough 2-0 in the last match we showed

In short, dont push your luck!!

Kind Regards
    Rupert Murdoch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

You forgot to add {...} {...}

Meaningless without

Ah bugger your right... Bang goes my ruse to make people believe that the above was a real email and that Im really Rupert Murdoch ;)
  • Options
    Talal said:

Meaningless without

Talal said:

Meaningless without

• Options

TEL said:

That potentially might be... they usually only announce the final games for television at the last minute so that they can cover the most important action from the final day (i.e. last season they showed the Derby and someone else games because of the Play-Offs)
    And they can do that because all the matches are already scheduled in the TV slot.
  • Options

Talal said:

Meaningless without

Ah bugger your right... Bang goes my ruse to make people believe that the above was a real email and that Im really Rupert Murdoch ;)
    Murdoch is no Duchatelet when it comes to these things. {...}Dear fans{...} was spot on.
  • Options
    TEL said:

May not be on if they are already champions, and us already down.
  • Options

We're all going on the pitch on 60 mins

No ifs no buts

Unless someone tells you not to
  • Options
    Charlton v Burnley will only be on the TV if Burnley in a final game shootout with the team either in second or third.

Middlesbrough v Brighton / Hull v Rotherham are the other games for the top three so I guess if Burnley and Hull and fighting for promotion with us and Rotherham fighting for survival they could go with that one.

Yet equally you've got Sheff Wed / Cardiff / Ipswich all within a point of each other so they could concentrate on that final Play-Off spot again
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Sky have already stated that they won't televise Charlton v Brighton because they don't want the watching public seeing the away supporters holding hands.

Or shagging each other on the centre circle
  • Options

Macronate said:

Sky have already stated that they won't televise Charlton v Brighton because they don't want the watching public seeing the away supporters holding hands.

Cracking bit of 1970s humor/homophobia lads , give yourselves a pat on the back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

Macronate said:

Cracking bit of 1970s humor/homophobia lads , give yourselves a pat on the back.
    1970s humour yes, homophobia, not really. You can make a joke about someone's orientation/lifestyle/culture/race without there being any malice or hate in it you know.

• Options

Charlton v Burnley will only be on the TV if Burnley in a final game shootout with the team either in second or third.

Middlesbrough v Brighton / Hull v Rotherham are the other games for the top three so I guess if Burnley and Hull and fighting for promotion with us and Rotherham fighting for survival they could go with that one.

Yet equally you've got Sheff Wed / Cardiff / Ipswich all within a point of each other so they could concentrate on that final Play-Off spot again

Phew!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

We're all going on the pitch on 60 mins

No ifs no buts

Unless someone tells you not to
    Or charlton are winning
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Macronate said:

What if his name isn't Pat?
  • Options
    Cardiff v Birmingham on the last day should be a friendly affair if both sides can still make the play offs
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    We'll beat them.
  • Options
    Don't the club have to agree for it to be screened first?

I'm not sure that's a given now after the last chastening weird experience for the Board.

I'm sure we'll here about it if they decline the invite!
  • Options
    I believe on the final day of the season they cut to the action wherever it's happening in real time, so whether us v Burnley is on TV or not, any... "disruptions"... should get the same exposure as if we were live...
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Sat 23rd April Derby County 12:30 Sheffield Wednesday Championship, Sky Sports (12:30)

No Leeds?

I might have to cancel my Sky Sports subscription in protest.
    Or Boro!

Only one Yorkshire team features out of the 4 chosen, discrimination!
    Ne'er fear lad, t'Flat Cap Lawyers Association are already on it and Michael Vaughan is sending Twitter in t'meltdown #yoyoyo