Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T Holmes-Denis out on loan to Oldham

2»

Comments

• Options
    Holmes-Dennis at 20 is ready to be in the squad of 18.
    Last season KAG at just 17 was ready to play U21 football from the bench.
    Being the main striker at Bournemouth away was just so wrong after Igor only lasting 45 mins.
  • Options
    Don't see the issue with this. With the players we've brought in on loan, Fanni, Suk-young and motta, he's clearly not going to play. I see absolutely no harm in sending him out to get some regular games and prepare him for next season in which he's quite likely going to be an integral part of our league one squad.

What i would have an issue with, is if they're sending him out on loan with a view to getting rid of him.
  • Options

Don't get this. Why not just keep him in the building for the last 9 games?

Arguably playing him in our last 9 games in the Championship will more likely do him more harm than good.
    Not really sure why? But anyway, I just meant that with so few games left, why bother sending players out? Even if there's a chance we'd need him for, say, 2 games - or maybe just cover on the bench or whatever - let's keep all of our options available. Fox has had a torrid few months, so it makes no sense to arbitrarily remove an option for that position.

As mentioned above, can't be a football decision.
    Fox has played pretty well the last couple of matches, and we have plenty of cover in THD's position.

It makes sense for THD to get some first team football, rather than wasting 2 months on the bench
    I imagine he'll get a lot of game time there.

Went on the Oldham site yesterday and the manager Sheridan had him at Plymouth and rates him quite highly.

Good experience for next season in all honesty.
    Even better then, playing for a manager who knows him, but in a different environment
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Don't get this. Why not just keep him in the building for the last 9 games?

Arguably playing him in our last 9 games in the Championship will more likely do him more harm than good.
    Not really sure why? But anyway, I just meant that with so few games left, why bother sending players out? Even if there's a chance we'd need him for, say, 2 games - or maybe just cover on the bench or whatever - let's keep all of our options available. Fox has had a torrid few months, so it makes no sense to arbitrarily remove an option for that position.

As mentioned above, can't be a football decision.
    Fox has played pretty well the last couple of matches, and we have plenty of cover in THD's position.

It makes sense for THD to get some first team football, rather than wasting 2 months on the bench
    I imagine he'll get a lot of game time there.

Went on the Oldham site yesterday and the manager Sheridan had him at Plymouth and rates him quite highly.

Good experience for next season in all honesty.
    Even better then, playing for a manager who knows him, but in a different environment
    Never realised Sheridan was the manager of Oldham. As you say, good that he is playing under a manager who knows him and rates him.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Nothing to do with football, they're just getting him off the payroll.

I can't believe that you and others even think this way! You cynics!

We're getting ready for League One Football next season by getting him to go and scout the opposition.

Callum Harriott was sent there earlier in the season for the same reason so expect others to do the same.

^^ This. ^^

Our Glorious Leader is a visionary. He sees things that others don't. He has ideas that are way ahead of his time: his political party, his early version of You Tube, nuclear physics and inter-planetary exploration. He can see into the future.

He may say that we're not planning for relegation but he's smart enough to not tell others of our intentions. That's why Cally Messi went to Colchester at the start of the season and why THD is going to Oldham now: send them all out at once and people would start getting suspicious and undermine the Great Plan.

Our Glorious Leader is ensuring that the two most important and senior members of next year's first team have valuable experience of a Third Division relegation battle.

Well done Roland! We're all behind you!
  • Options
    Dare I say it, we might be on the brink of handling a young, developing player well....