Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Elevators

Does anybody else take it personally when the lift says; "going down"?

Comments

• Solidgone said:

It really depends who's there with you...

Other than that, don't take it personally, it might be a disappointment though on occasion (like, when I've been pressing the up button).
  • Ground floor:
    Perfumery, stationary, and leather goods, wigs and haberdashery, kitchenware and food. Going up...

First floor:
    Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats, underwear, and shoes. Going up...

Second floor:
    Carpets, travel goods, and bedding, materials, soft furnishings, restaurants, and ties. Going down...

First floor:
    Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats. Going down...
  • If I press the Up button and it says "Going down" or if the Grim Reaper is standing there with you then I'd take it a bit personally

Otherwise not really, if I press the down button and hear that I'll be quite relieved the elevator is going in the direction I want it to go
  • If you've been waiting for one for a while at our place, it says "sorry to keep you waiting" when you get in. I always want to say "no you're fucking not"
  • Solidgone said:

Going down, ladies underwear. That one you mean?
  • edited March 2016
    Im more upset when im in a lift on my own, and the elevator says "Weight limit exceeded".
  • Halix said:

Im more upset when im in a lift on my own, and the elevator says "Weight limit exceeded".

Was in a packed lift once when a large lady got in and the weight limit exceeded warning came on. A chap in the lift said "Don't worry Joan (not her real name), I'm only going one more floor, I'll walk down".
    He got out but much to Joan's embarrassment, the warning stayed resolutely on.
  • Frantic. Better than Simply Red.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

You were going up in my estimation until you stated this thread.
  • A man enters an elevator of a fine hotel and says "Ballroom please"

To which the lady standing in front of him replies "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was crowding you."
  • cafcfan said:

Ground floor:
    Perfumery, stationary, and leather goods, wigs and haberdashery, kitchenware and food. Going up...

First floor:
    Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats, underwear, and shoes. Going up...

Second floor:
    Carpets, travel goods, and bedding, materials, soft furnishings, restaurants, and ties. Going down...

First floor:
    Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats. Going down...

No wonder Grace Brothers closed down. Sheer idiocy to have ties on the first and second floors.