Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Three - it's the magic number.

This probably deserves its own thread. That's our 7th 3-0 defeat this season.

Astonishing.

Comments

• Curbs would do his nut! Those were the days...
    Unbelievable as we have signed so many defenders, oh but we don't practise corners! Man on the post? Not needed obviously.
    So uncharlton but the Belgians wouldn't know that.
  • 3-0 is the one consistent thing about this season.
  • 3 is the number used by witches in Shakespeare's day, very significant. For CAFC? A witch in charge maybe?
  • I think most teams ease up at 3 goals, the game is generally over by then.
    After seeing us lose on numerous occasions this season, things could be far worse in the goals against column.
  • Posted in post match views but seems appropriate here too...

Dear Rat

Today was the 10th time in 38 games* that we've conceded three or more goals.

Just let that sink in Roland. More than 25% of our matches have ended in a defeat by THREE OR MORE GOALS.

Looking at our opponents in the remaining fixtures I expect that % to rise too.

It's just a good job you don't do failure otherwise we'd be in real trouble.

* It would be 11 in 39 if {...} you include the Palace cup game too {...}
  • Favourite 0-3 this season?..... Brentford was good, some nice goals and our first 20 minutes were exciting.
  • I really enjoyed the Preston treble. Outplayed by a team that weren't that good but we made them look like Brazil.
  • Sponsored links:

• 77 mins for the next walk out at home? The way things are going there will be no time left to walk out on!
  • All leading to Division 3! :-(
  • 1 goal conceded in 3 games to 3 in 1 game is a bit of a turnaround.

• PL54 said:

1 goal conceded in 3 games to 3 in 1 game is a bit of a turnaround.

and 9 goals conceded in the prior 3 games.... 9÷3=
  • Three is definitely consistent as we will be playing in Division 3 (old style) next season, perhaps it is the "Rats" favourite number.
  • Brentford were superb at The Valley to be fair. Surprised Carsley didn't fancy the job full time after that.
  • Currently it's a draw

Exactly three goals conceded 7
    Exactly three points gained 7

Which will be the winner come the end of the season?

Dear Rat

Just let that sink in Roland. More than 25% of our matches have ended in a defeat by THREE OR MORE GOALS.

Actually we've conceded three or more on twelve occasions, just that on two of those we didn't lose by 3 goals. 2-3 Brighton and 3-4 Reading. That makes it virtually one in three.

Dear Rat

Actually we've conceded three or more on twelve occasions, just that on two of those we didn't lose by 3 goals. 2-3 Brighton and 3-4 Reading. That makes it virtually one in three.

Correct, I meant to originally write "lost by three or more goals". Just saying conceded paints an even direr picture! I can't remember a season since I've been going where we've been so regularly comprehensively beaten.
  • edited March 2016
    Another way of looking at the stats, all relating to D2 (D2, D1 or Championship):

When we sacked Powell, our GD was -17 at the time.
    When we were relegated under Bignose & Parky, our final GD was - 22.
    When we were relegated to D3 in 1980 it was -39.
    When we were relegated to D3 in 1972, it was -22.
    When we were relegated to D3 South in 1933, it was - 31.

Now it's -35 and counting.

So, if you think it is bad, you're right. It could yet set a record, although 1979-80 was worse in results - the equivalent of 28 points from 42 games.

EDIT: my apologies to Katrien, who doesn't give a damn about the proud history of the club, or even the crappy bits of its history.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is the third end-of-season run-in since RD took over.
    #three
  • Third time lucky. Ooops should not say lucky as that would imply that I want failure. No Roly, you fucked up.
  • Thought this thread was about Katrien, Nabby and Cabbles
    and a Menage a trois.

Will go back to my French Art movie.
  • edited March 2016
    Three sponsors tell protesters at the sponsors event they're raising grievances with the club...

Three is the new 2%
  • Thought this thread was about Katrien, Nabby and Cabbles
    and a Menage a trois.

Will go back to my French Art movie.

Writing the script for it, by the sound of things...