Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle Sunderland

Really looking forward to this one.

One of my favourite derbies.

Have often thought it must to be great to come from a one city club where you, all your mates and colleagues and everyone in the main supports the same club....it must affect the mood and atmosphere to a degree.

The fact that these two meet that criteria and are only roughly the distance of Charlton to Chelsea yet are still both their own cities adds to it too.

Have always had a soft spot for Sunderland for obvious reasons and Newcastle because of Byker Grove.

Should be a good un

Comments

• Options
    C'mon Sunderland!
  • Options
    PS I think Defoe should be in the England squad. One of the most underrated English strikers of the past decade or so,
  • Options
    Defoe scores just before half time.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Defoe scores just before half time.

Good stuff, had him first goalscorer.
  • Options
    He had 2 decent chances before that. Decent save by Elliot for the initial shot but comes out to Defoe to slot it in the far corner.
  • Options
    3 ex addicks in the game, Elliott and JonJo for United, Defoe for the Mackems. Good goal by Defoe after a great reaction save from Robbie.
  • Options
    Hang in there Mackems and the Nigels are bang in bother.
  • Options
    Colback is lucky not to be booked for a second time.
  • Options
    Sunderland left back is quality
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

What a save from Robbie!

He seems to have been their best player this season. Newcastle are appaling.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

What a save from Robbie!

Yeah, he's made a few great saves.
  • Options

PS I think Defoe should be in the England squad. One of the most underrated English strikers of the past decade or so,

Thing is we had Defoe in the England squad for years and we managed nothing... Would be a case of try fail, try fail, try fail... Eventually you have to stop using the same old players

So why have him in the squad ahead of some young hungry Striker who could actually make a difference for once.
  • Options
    Whenever I watch Sunderland on TV they always seem pretty decent, not sure how they've got themselves into this state.
  • Options
    Benitez needs to push Winjaldum further forward in behind the CF. He's wasted in the holding position.
  • Options
    Newcastle really are poor - see Shelvey taking up the Wilkins mantle of sideways passing - never rated him.
  • Options
    Newcastle don't appear to have any shape whatsoever. Alladyce has Sunderland lined up in solid banks and looking dangerous on the counter. Don't keep many clean sheets, but Newcastle are clueless....

Cue an equalizer
  • Options

Newcastle don't appear to have any shape whatsoever. Alladyce has Sunderland lined up in solid banks and looking dangerous on the counter. Don't keep many clean sheets, but Newcastle are clueless....

Cue an equalizer

There it is !
  • Options

Cue an equalizer

There it is !

Cue an equalizer

There it is !
    Always going to happen as soon as I hit 'post comment'.

Newcastle winner anybody?
  • Options

Cue an equalizer

There it is !

Cue an equalizer

There it is !
    Always going to happen as soon as I hit 'post comment'.

Newcastle winner anybody?
    Yeah, if Winjaldum stays further up the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunderland sit too deep after going in front. You could see an equaliser coming really. I've watched a few Sunderland games this season and it's been their problem. They always fail to hold lead.
  • Options
    Dreadful foul throw from Sunderland that then gave possession to Newcastle for the build up to the equaliser. The Mackem player would have been slaughtered for that playing Sunday morning football, let alone Premiership!

Pleased for Robbie that they got something.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Benitez needs to push Winjaldum further forward in behind the CF. He's wasted in the holding position.

He way to good for Newcastle! Quality player
  • Options
    Isn't someone supposed to say......

No premier-league scores ?
  • Options

Isn't someone supposed to say......

No premier-league scores ?

Seperate threat mate... nae bother...
  • Options
    Will Robbie be offered a new contract ? Or has he signed a new one. Some of the saves he has made were top drawer.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Not sure about his contract situation but he's indeed been impressive this season, probably the best player in the entire Newcastle squad and I'm really pleased for him. Hopefully he'll go on to be Ireland's first choice goalkeeper. There are four in the recently named squad for the upcoming games and he's the only one that's been playing regularly in the top division. If I remember correctly, Randolph's made just a few appearances for West Ham, mostly in Cup competitions. (I feel slightly sorry for Henderson as he could've been selected had he been playing regularly for us.)
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Will Robbie be offered a new contract ? Or has he signed a new one. Some of the saves he has made were top drawer.

He signed one in 2014, according to Wikipedia