Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10 results !

2»

Comments

• Options
    Usually I'll be one / two away from the jackpot with about 5mins to go.

Within those last five minutes though, two teams I need to win will suddenly get the required goal yet just seconds later, the other eight teams will all concede meaning that I lose out badly.

Will never forget Derby being 2-0 up in the 90th minute against Birmingham the other season, was due to win £300 yet Birmingham scored twice in injury time to ruin it for me... Very VERY bad words were uttered when that second goal went in
  • Options
    HUGE congratulations.
  • Options

Within those last five minutes though, two teams I need to win will suddenly get the required goal yet just seconds later, the other eight teams will all concede meaning that I lose out badly.

Will never forget Derby being 2-0 up in the 90th minute against Birmingham the other season, was due to win £300 yet Birmingham scored twice in injury time to ruin it for me... Very VERY bad words were uttered when that second goal went in

Darn and blast could be heard for many a mile. As well as the obligatory smack of the knee.
  • Options

Darn and blast could be heard for many a mile. As well as the obligatory smack of the knee.
    Just hope you didnt hear the "Oh fiddle sticks" line that I uttered, nobody should have to hear that language
  • Options

Just hope you didnt hear the "Oh fiddle sticks" line that I uttered, nobody should have to hear that language
    I heard "oh fiddle" then covered my ears....
  • Options
    well done mate - i dream of this every time I go to bet on an acca
  • Options

Who puts £30 down on a ten team acca????

Im going to have a wild guess here - Masicats son? (:
  • Options

I thought that. I'm lucky if I put more than £1 on a 10 fold. Bet big win big I guess.

Congrats. Once in a lifetime win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's what I thought. Wins big money but probably loses big money too. If he's putting £30 on a ten fold accumulator you can bet your life (see what I did there) that he puts £100's on match results, doubles, trebles etc. Hope this isn't the case here but I know people who have had big big wins but the bookies get it back in no time. It's a slippery slope.

• Options

Congrats to your son... I've been trying this for months and its never paid off.

Was he never tempted to cash out?

Laid it off at halftime when a draw and away win odds were long.
  • Options

@Taxi_Lad i think

Yes @ValleyGary @AFKABartram it was me. Seems a long time ago. Not much of a sniff since
  • Options
    Game's dead @Taxi_Lad :-)
  • Options

That's what I thought. Wins big money but probably loses big money too. If he's putting £30 on a ten fold accumulator you can bet your life (see what I did there) that he puts £100's on match results, doubles, trebles etc. Hope this isn't the case here but I know people who have had big big wins but the bookies get it back in no time. It's a slippery slope.

Not really the case. The problem is that he had it off a few weeks back and won 3k ish. £30 on a tenfold is the silliest bet I've ever seen. He now thinks he can do it again, I very much doubt it.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Not really the case. The problem is that he had it off a few weeks back and won 3k ish. £30 on a tenfold is the silliest bet I've ever seen. He now thinks he can do it again, I very much doubt it.
    Nice one. Keep an eye on him though mate. I know of people it's ruined.
    For me it's the one thing I can do in moderation. can take it or leave it, and rarely bet more than £40 a week, which I can easily afford. Probably break even give or take over a season.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Every gambler I know breaks even over the season apparently. How do those darn bookies make a penny? :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I got 15 results when I was 18 for a 12000-1 payout - unfortunately as a poor student I only staked 5p

£600 probably felt like quite a decent payout for a poor student of eighteen years.
  • Options
    All british sides as well!! I normally just back ten teams from the top european leagues and put 20 quid on it, usuallly returns anything from 180-300.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

I thought that. I'm lucky if I put more than £1 on a 10 fold. Bet big win big I guess.

Congrats. Once in a lifetime win.
    Bet big, lose big most of the time unless you REALLY know what you're doing, and the bookies are now very sussed on the 'REALLY know' side. There were some guys a few years ago who used to win big on the bottom division of the Scottish league. At the time, the bookies didn't understand that league position and home and away form didn't mean the same that far down the skill rankings as they did in the Premier league. Therefore, the odds were very favourable to the punters on some games. It took the bookies a while to realise this but they did. Similarly for the different odds you could get for, say, the two boxers in a UK-US fight. The UK boxer would be on longer odds at US bookies and the US boxer on longer odds at UK bookies. I keep my betting to things where I have some control over what's going on, e.g. cards. For most people, betting at the bookies is a sure-fire way to make the bookies richer and you poorer.

Having said all that, I hope he enjoys his winnings and doesn't give it all back to the bookies.
  • Options
    QUALITY MATE!!!!.............I'm made up for you!

You couldn't sub me a few quid for my season ticket next season could you? :wink:
  • Options

QUALITY MATE!!!!.............I'm made up for you!

You couldn't sub me a few quid for my season ticket next season could you? :wink:

Don't start getting him to waste his money (:
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

@Taxi_Lad i think

Yes @ValleyGary @AFKABartram it was me. Seems a long time ago. Not much of a sniff since
    £10k? I think I'd have had a sniff.
  • Options
    Can he buy Roly out now?