Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weird Women's Super League fixture list

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35876556

This season they've increased the number of teams to 9, an ODD number, so every week one team won't be playing! Manchester City are the team that misses out in the final week... imagine the PL or Championship with one team finishing a week early...

Comments

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

ODD as in weird, or ODD as in unique?

Both!

I can't think of any other football league with an odd number of teams
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Used to happen in the Rugby when it was the Five Nations prior to Italy joining.

I guess it'll just reignite the old question... Would you prefer the game in hand (Which this technically is) or the points on board
  • Options
    Didn't the old first division used to have teams finishing on different days or am I remembering that wrong? I may just be thinking of the Liverpool arsenal decider which was played late because of hillsborough
  • Options
    rina said:

Didn't the old first division used to have teams finishing on different days or am I remembering that wrong? I may just be thinking of the Liverpool arsenal decider which was played late because of hillsborough

It did, I think when games got rearranged (due to cup ties or weather) they could be played after the normal last game of the season

Of course it CAN be done, but it really takes away the excitement of the last day, at both ends of the table

• Options
    edited March 2016

LoOkOuT said:

ODD as in weird, or ODD as in unique?

Both!

I can't think of any other football league with an odd number of teams
    Belgian tier 2 this year has 17.

Mind you, next year it will only have 8 (unless they change the plans again).
  • Options
    1987/1988 The Old First Division. 21 Teams including Charlton.