Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray's Current Stake

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
I know there is already a post going about Murray needing to speak up but I thought I needed to start a slightly different one....

When Richard Murray sold to Michael Slater and Tony Jiminez I'm sure he still held a 10% stake in the club thus MS and TJ owned 90%. Then when they sold to RD I was under the impression that RD only bought the entirety of the stake owned by MS and TJ and that RM still maintained that 10%. I have since seen reports that RD alo bought RM's stake as well. But surely Murray surely would not have had any say on who MS and TJ sold their stake to as he no longer owns it.

I was wondering if somebody could clear up if Murray still has this 10% stake or not.

But whatever, Murray is still on the board and has come out in support of RD. Now I must admit I find it a tad strange that he would support him knowing how keen he was to sell to the right person. Now you would have thought he would feel seeing what the club has been through in the past surely you'd feel that deep down he must think that RD isn't right.

The question is; Is Murray only coming out in support of RD to keep his place on the board?

But another burning question is this. IF Murray was to stand down and leave the club and then to speak up and make a statement by speaking up by saying that he did not like the way RD was running the show and how his life was hell under him (just like the likes of SCP, Yann, Guy Luzon, etc...); How many fans' respect would he be able to win back by coming out with a statement like that? -Or- Is the damage too much done?

Comments

• Options
    Thought you meant this one...

• Options
    edited March 2016

I know there is already a post going about Murray needing to speak up but I thought I needed to start a slightly different one....

When Richard Murray sold to Michael Slater and Tony Jiminez I'm sure he still held a 10% stake in the club thus MS and TJ owned 90%. Then when they sold to RD I was under the impression that RD only bought the entirety of the stake owned by MS and TJ and that RM still maintained that 10%. I have since seen reports that RD alo bought RM's stake as well. But surely Murray surely would not have had any say on who MS and TJ sold their stake to as he no longer owns it.

I was wondering if somebody could clear up if Murray still has this 10% stake or not.

But whatever, Murray is still on the board and has come out in support of RD. Now I must admit I find it a tad strange that he would support him knowing how keen he was to sell to the right person. Now you would have thought he would feel seeing what the club has been through in the past surely you'd feel that deep down he must think that RD isn't right.

The question is; Is Murray only coming out in support of RD to keep his place on the board?

But another burning question is this. IF Murray was to stand down and leave the club and then to speak up and make a statement by speaking up by saying that he did not like the way RD was running the show and how his life was hell under him (just like the likes of SCP, Yann, Guy Luzon, etc...); How many fans' respect would he be able to win back by coming out with a statement like that? -Or- Is the damage too much done?

Murray's ten per cent is gone. Staprix owns the whole of Baton 2010 Ltd, which in turn owns Charlton Athletic Football Company Limited (the club) and Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited (the freehold of the property).
  • Options

Murray's ten per cent is gone. Staprix owns the whole of Baton 2010 Ltd, which in turn owns Charlton Athletic Football Company Limited (the club) and Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited (the freehold of the property).
    Thanks Airman
  • Options
    So, if true, and I'm in no position to agree or disagree, looks like that he's there as a "figurehead", hoping he'll get a few quid back if we get to the Premiership, and a few freebies at away matches.

Richard Murray.

Why are you letting your legacie go rotten......If it can go any lower.
  • Options
    He certainly won't be getting his money back by getting to the Premiership with this owner.
  • Options

He certainly won't be getting his money back by getting to the Premiership with this owner.

No chance.
  • Options
    Because it's called the Premier League rather than because we're shite
  • Options
    Surely he gets his money whether he hangs about like a terrible stink, or not?
  • Options
    He has gone a bit quiet for a while. I think his last statement was to the effect that the club needed to communicate better!
  • Options
    " Richard Murray's current stake"

Bet he gets more than 14 chips with it .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh come on. Is there anything, anything at all, on this thread that hasn't already been covered a million times before?

This post is the most original by a mile - which is saying al lot!

• Options

" Richard Murray's current stake"

Bet he gets more than 14 chips with it .

...and hopefull ones that actually don't taste like cardboard.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Oh come on. Is there anything, anything at all, on this thread that hasn't already been covered a million times before?

This post is the most original by a mile - which is saying al lot!

Ad nauseam.

But, and I hope I've got this right, the oft quoted 10% is mildly interesting. That's because when 90% of a company's shares have been acquired, the acquirer has the right to force the sale of the remaining 10%.
    In other words, a minority shareholder would have no choice but to sell up.
  • Options

But, and I hope I've got this right, the oft quoted 10% is mildly interesting. That's because when 90% of a company's shares have been acquired, the acquirer has the right to force the sale of the remaining 10%.
    In other words, a minority shareholder would have no choice but to sell up.

And do not pass GO and do not collect £200.
  • Options
    He should be tied to one and pelted with rotten fruit. Alternatively, we still have the stocks by our village green, I'm sure I could borrow the key ....
  • Options
    Be glad when the cynical old bastard has nothing to do with Charlton.
  • Options

He has gone a bit quiet for a while. I think his last statement was to the effect that the club needed to communicate better!

I think both he and the regime realise that his effectiveness as the acceptable face of the club has gone, so there's not much point wheeling him out to try to give credibility. He'll be limited to speaking to the media now they have worked out Daisy is next to useless and more toxic than Chernobyl.
  • Options
    I'm not sure Duchatelet has the sanity to realise obvious things like that given recent developments!