Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You couldn't Make it up

After my recent retirement from work, I decided to see if as many people that had enquired about training their dogs would actually pay for the privilege and I set up my own little school. (and its going quite well for week one) ;)
Anyhow, just reached home after going out with our dogs and fired up the computer to find an email concerning helping train a puppy. Ive copied and pasted most of the contents.
hi Ray, a friend of mine told me about you and I'm hoping you can help, I have an 8 month old Springer Spaniel called Rolo, he's only a baby I know but he's very unpredictable. He spends most of the time alone in another room sleeping, then for no reason he appears and will spend ten minutes causing chaos in the house before going back to sleep again. Its pretty much the same when walking, one minute he's fine the next he's having a go at everything. He's driving me crazy, my friends have stopped visiting the house because he so unpredictable, I don't want to give up on him deep down he's a lovely but he just needs some guidance can you please help?
Thank you for your time
Catherine
I replied to offering a lesson, which she has taken up.
After speaking the phone to confirm this, she has asked to be called Kat as she is not fond of the name Catherine.
So tomorrow afternoon, I have a lesson with a lady called "Kat" who has a dog called "Rolo" who is "out of control"
As I charge £20 per hour, its only fair it goes to the "Score for Score" fund :)

Comments

• Doesn't this belong on MOG's "Weird, Unique, things that freek you....." thread? :smiley:
  • Love it :smiley:
  • see if Rolo will fetch a black & white beach ball.
  • Macronate said:

see if Rolo will fetch a black & white beach ball.

Always start with the basics, "Sit" "Stay" and I'll add "Don't, say nothing unless its constructive" ;)
  • edited March 2016
    I hear Roly and Dick like a dog collar.....
  • T.C.E said:

Doesn't this belong on MOG's "Weird, Unique, things that freek you....." thread? :smiley:

The lady also told me she called her dog Rolo because it was the last puppy to be born....
    Commonly referred to as the "Runt" of the litter which I didn't tell her. :)
    Just double checking you spelt Runt correctly. When I see words starting Rol I have to be sure.
  • Strange you should say that, when I put Roly in the sentence, the predictive text took over and I had to alter it back to an R twice because I knew you didnt spell Runt like that.
  • No Belgian dog trainers available Ray?

Or did they F*** the k9 up in the first place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Does it eat its own Keohanes?
  • Can you train it into a Director of Football?

By the way, if it really is Katriene, I hope she has a cute puppy. I'm at the point with her where I'm not angry or bitter I just feel sorry for her. I'd like to know she has some redeeming qualities.
  • The acid test will be... take Rolo for a walk past the Valley and see if he does his business all over it.
  • Money for old rope TCE, and Kat's in charge of the spending?
    Hmm, sounds familiar
  • TCE - the beginning of a romance? Cabbles should be informed immediately. Dave Mehmet will have something to say.