Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Former Charlton boss Guy Luzon still lives in London and wants another job in England

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
Exclusive by Jake Bacon, reporter / 07:30 Friday 25 March 2016 / Charlton Athletic

Guy Luzon is still living in London and wants another job in English football.

Despite being sacked last October, the ex-Charlton boss has stayed in the capital - and other clubs from around Europe have offered him a chance to return to management.

But, Luzon, 40, insists coaching in England will always be his top priority.

He told News Shopper: “I’m still living in London and we’ll see what happens - I have some offers to come back to Belgium and Europe.

“I’ll make a decision on my future in the summer.

“Of course, I’d like to coach in England again, it’ll always be my first target.”

MORE: Luzon reveals he never had final say on Charlton transfers

Former Charlton managers have accused owner Roland Duchatelet of interfering with team selection in the past.

However, when Luzon was asked about his relationship with the Belgian tycoon, he was reluctant to go into detail.

He feels sorry for under-fire chief executive Katrien Meire - and is sad to see the club struggling near the foot of the Championship.

Luzon said: “I will not say what happened with myself and the owner because it will stay between us.

“I have sympathy for Katrien [Meire] and the club, and again, I hope they can survive in the end.

“All I can do now is wish Charlton fans all the best.”

Comments

• Options
    My old boozer in Erith need a head coach Guy.
  • Options
    He has sympathy for KM? The club and fans fine, but her?
  • Options
    This is what slightly annoys me about these local papers. Whilst they do give great coverage of Charlton they do take one interview with someone and turn it into three/four articles.
  • Options
    I guess after all that furore over the work permit you'd probably stick around as long as you could too
  • Options

This is what slightly annoys me about these local papers. Whilst they do give great coverage of Charlton they do take one interview with someone and turn it into three/four articles.

They are chasing the number of hits on their website.

The more hits they get, the more advertising revenue they attract.

• Options
    Guy mate, it's time to revisit your CV and head down a completely different career path.
    Maybe something that combines squat jumps and semaphore
  • Options
    Maybe he could feature in a reboot of Superstars.

I reckon he would beat Mourinho, Moyes, Rodgers and Redknapp in the out of work football manager special.

Di Matteo and Monk might give him a good challenge.

• Options
    There's always Strictly or Big Brother
  • Options
    Keen not to say anything that severs his relationship with two shats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    drewman said:

Keen not to say anything that severs his relationship with two shats.

Exactly. Keep things sweet for when he's named Charlton manager again in 6 months time.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

They are chasing the number of hits on their website.

The more hits they get, the more advertising revenue they attract.

Oh I get why they do it and I'm sure I'd do the same it just gets my goat.

My girlfriend tells me I'm too uptight so it's probably just me!
  • Options
    mickc said:

There's always Strictly or Big Brother

He's too famous for Celebrity Big Brother.