Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Storm Katie

Latest storm name announced for this weekend.

Met Office obviously don't know that Storm Katie has been blowing wind in SE7 for the last 2 years!!

Comments

• Options

It's embarrassing that we now name these weather fronts.
    Compared to other countries our storms are just pleasant breezes.

Don't mention that view within the bounds of Cumbria, Beds. Might not go down all that well.
  • Options
    Storm Katie. Named because it also likes to piss on peoples parades.
  • Options
    Storm Katie !! that'll mean a lot of hot air then !!
  • Options
    Uboat said:

It's embarrassing that we now name these weather fronts.
    Compared to other countries our storms are just pleasant breezes.

Don't mention that view within the bounds of Cumbria, Beds. Might not go down all that well.
    Guess if you then compare Cumbria to New Orleans after Katrina or a Tennessee trailer park after a big twister there is another huge difference.

With weather, one persons big storm is another persons slight breeze.
  • Options
    looking forward to Storm Pinocchio in a few weeks
  • Options
    And then Storm Roland a few weeks after.
  • Options
    Perhaps it's named after Katie Hopkins...
  • Options
    Wednesday are going to name the storm of the season 'Carlos'

So Storm Carlos is really taking off up in Yorkshire.

Sorry had a few beers.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Latest storm name announced for this weekend.

Met Office obviously don't know that Storm Katie has been blowing wind in SE7 for the last 2 years!!

It'll only affect 2% of us, I suspect
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I get married tomorrow and will now always hate that name!!
  • Options

Is that wife to be's name?
  • Options

Is that wife to be's name?
    Mrs Storm Organiser??
  • Options

Congratulations, hope it all goes well despite the weather.
  • Options
    Bad wind last night;

Will have to wait until it settles to able to pick up the garden chair.
  • Options
    My thoughts are with all the brave garden gnomes lost.
  • Options
    I thought Storm Katie was a directive from CARD's militant wing.

I can just imagine after the Brum game, everyone piling past the barriers and the thin blue line, straight up the stairs to get hold of Merde and physically eject her from the building.
  • Options
    Storm Katie means I need to renew my fence panel, with our CEO Katrien, I won't be renewing my season ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Storm Katie means I need to renew my fence panel, with our CEO Katrien, I won't be renewing my season ticket.

You need to check out what wood Pinocchio is made of and replace your fence with that. She's obviously freakin' indestructible!
  • Options

Wednesday are going to name the storm of the season 'Carlos'

So Storm Carlos is really taking off up in Yorkshire.

Sorry had a few beers.

Massive storm?
  • Options
    Yesterday was a perfect reason why Storm Katie is named after our illustrious CEO

Left Strood yesterday to go to Bexleyheath and my parents for dinner and it was bright sunshine, got to around Gravesend on the A2 and until I got to Dartford Heath it was lashing down with rain, when I got to around Bexley once again bright sunshine broke out and remained quite nice until 7pm when I left Bexleyheath and the heavens once again re-opened.

During all of this it made me realise that like our CEO... Storm Katie cant make her bloody mind up and is confusing as hell!!
  • Options
    Got called out at 6am for a farm alarm sounding and before getting back to station we removed part of a petrol station roof that had come loose on the wind, took down some collapsed scaffolding around a church and cut up a tree that had collapsed on a parked car. Katie certainly is a promiscuous minx.
  • Options
    Phew, not much sleep last night - thought my windows were going to cave in !
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

You need to check out what wood Pinocchio is made of and replace your fence with that. She's obviously freakin' indestructible!
    TelMc32 said:

After all the protests in the west stand car park, she must be use to a picket fence.
  • Options

Phew, not much sleep last night - thought my windows were going to cave in !

Neither did Adam Johnson, although it was his back door he was worried about.