Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

When we beat the current World Champs twice in one day...

Maybe a quiz question for the future, but who would have thought that England would have beaten the current World Champs twice in one day.

Firstly by knocking out Sri Lanka in the T20 World Cup and then beating Germany in their own back yard in the evening.
Also, the performances by both teams were very impressive.

Maybe the tide has turned, and we are going to win the Euros and also T20 World Cup.?
Yeah right...but one would be nice.

Comments

• Can't stand 20/20 so hopefully the one we win will be the euros.
  • No chance of us winning the Euros, as half the team that ended up playing in that match won't get a look in.

Germany looked pretty poor in the end, but again they had a few players missing, France, Spain, Italy and Belgium will always be dangerous too, not to mention our love of slipping up to teams early on
  • Yeah, seriously think that if we do win one, it wont be the Euros
  • I turned on to watch and thought Germany were playing USA instead of us.... what was that kit about? I thought we were English?
  • Can't stand 20/20 so hopefully the one we win will be the euros.

I know. All that boring smashing around of the ball and run chasing resulting in an exciting climax is such a drag! Give me 5 days of Test Match monotony any time!! :wink:
    Ending in a draw.
  • I turned on to watch and thought Germany were playing USA instead of us.... what was that kit about? I thought we were English?

Same colour (almost) as the Cricket Team.
  • edited March 2016
    We always have a really good friendly performance right before a major tournament just to get everyone's Knickers flappin.

And let's face it,Germany hardly got out of first gear.

That said,this England side has the makings of a good one,...maybe a bit early yet though.
  • At least the kit had red in it... I dont get the England National Team as our Home kit is white and blue yet where is the blue in the below flag

Every other nation appears to play in the colours of its flag (Apart from Northern Ireland who naturally wear green) yet we dont...
  • Sponsored links:

• At least the kit had red in it... I dont get the England National Team as our Home kit is white and blue yet where is the blue in the below flag

Every other nation appears to play in the colours of its flag (Apart from Northern Ireland who naturally wear green) yet we dont...

Italy and Holland don't play in colours in their flag.
  • It's because we play in the colours of the Union Jack, if you watch footage from 1966 and even 1990 you'll see Union Jacks in the crowd and very few if any SGC. It was only around Euro 96 the cross began to be widely used i believe. We did go through a number of years having white and red kits (2002,2004,2005,2012) but since Nike took over we've gone back to white and blue home kits.

Italy and Holland don't play in colours in their flag.
    Fair enough with Italy yet Holland play in Orange because of the "Prince of Orange" title that used to exist in the Netherlands
  • Italy play in blue because it was the colour of the house of Savoy, which predated their Republican days. So there. Thank you wiki.

Btw, type "why do Italy play in blue" slowly into Google. The predicted questions are hilarious
  • Australia and New Zealand...
  • India play in all blue
  • German kit is usually mostly white. No white in their flag.
  • Japan play in blue. Time to hold up the white flag I think FA... :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• And Germany were sooooo disinterested in the Marbles World Cup final - talk of Pakistani bookies.
  • Japan play in blue. Time to hold up the white flag I think FA... :wink:

• A ray of sunshine sporting wise for us football and cricket lovers.
  • We also beat the previous World Cup winners, Spain, when they were World Champs in a friendly when Frank Lampard scored the winner. But we all knew it didn't mean much. I think it is time to ditch the pessimism now we have a good mixture of experience and outstanding talent.
  • Germany wear white, had green away kits for ages.
    Italy wear Blue
    New Zealand wear Black
    Australia wear Gold and Green
    Holland wear Orange
    Northern Ireland wear Green
    Japan in Blue

Our away kit is worse, with the bloody sky blue sleeves
  • Red and blue together produces an allergic reaction in me. You may think that's pretty trivial but you weren't massaging Sudocreme into your nads all night to try and stop the itching!
  • Well I watched both the cricket and the football and thoroughly enjoyed both. What a pleasant change from watching the (once) 'mighty reds'
    I know a lot of 'real' cricket lovers are not keen on the 20-20 but I really have enjoyed this world cup, I've watched more cricket since the start than I have ever probably, also a great way of getting kids interested in the game.
    And the football last night, yeah I know it was 'only' a friendly but how refreshing it was to see the 'young' I was going to call them g_ _ _ s but felt a little sick in my mouth!! the younger players coming through and then JV, what a finish by the way!!...........and then a great winner from the very underated ED. Who cares about the kits? I didn't mind it tbh and I quite like the new home one. Looking forward to Tuesday against the Netherlands, should be another good test and hopefully Danny Drinkwater will get a run out, how good is Deli Alli by the way?!?!...........exciting times and well done Roy Hodgson.