Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Easter Stats

Just in case you are bored with eating your Easter eggs here are some stats to show the performance details of all 1st team players who played at least 30 minutes in a Championship game.

I warn you it is quite depressing

Comments

• Options
    Not one player averaging over 7.
    Only three players scraping in over 6.5
    Five players haven't even averaged 5.0

Your'e right Lancs, that is depressing.
  • Options
    so by this, we should be starting Makienok...

Lies, damn lies, and statistics
  • Options
    Kashi stats interesting. Wonder where we'd be if we'd had him and Diarra playing in their best positions all season
  • Options
    I'm slightly concerned that after only 1 calendar year since attending Valley I've only seen 4 of those players in a Red shirt other than twice on TV, not to mention how many managers I've missed. :(
  • Options
    When we lost our first match of the season at Wolves,
    I remember being surprised by the reaction of a few fans
    who were effing and blinding at the players, considering that when we went 1-0 up we were in the top 4 having won 2 and drawn 2 of our first 4 games.
    I guess their crystal ball was better than mine with 20 Losses now on board and the total imploding of the club because of the weird and naive way of running a championship club.

I'm convinced if we had got 30 +games out of Kashi, Igor, Bauer,Tex and Diarra, then Cousins and JBG, plus Hendo's form would have been higher and a mid table position would have been the lowest that we would have expected.

So many things had to go wrong for us to be in dire straights.
    Duchatelet Does do failure.

The stats are a good indicator of too many poor performances.

Well played Lancs.
  • Options
    Pretty clear indications of the POTY candidates there.
  • Options
    Those stats always back up the argument that Cousins simply doesn't bring much to our game in the middle of the park apart from pure running. 0 assists, and just 1 goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited March 2016
    Difficult to pick a player of the season. Diarra is an influential player and makes a big difference to Charlton when he is not playing. Can you pick a player of the year, who has been out injured for what feels like a third of the season ?

Henderson for showing character after taking the press conference after Fraeye refused to do it after the 5-0 Huddersfield drubbing. After another 6-0 Hull tonking, and being out injured and numerous 3-0 defeats can you pick Henderson either (I know the shambles of a defence put in front of him is not his fault).

Cousins has had some good games but Charlton's midfield has been overrun frequently. Again, I know that not having creativity in front of him or not enough support alongside him is not his fault.

So, if I had to choose, I would pick Diarra.

Lookman for young player of the season.
  • Options

jamescafc said:

Kashi stats interesting. Wonder where we'd be if we'd had him and Diarra playing in their best positions all season

If last night's England performance tells me anything, it's that it only takes 2 or 3 players to galvanise a whole team. I still hold out that a team of Henderson / back two of bauer /texeira, midfield with cousins /Kashi /diarra/gudmundsson is strong enough to compete in this league.

The above team has barely played in the same 11 this season.

With one decent forward other than a 18 year old, we could have had something...

(For any CAFC reps reading this, my post doesn't excuse you for the shambles that you've allowed our club to become, such as embarrassing PR decisions, poor handling of rehab for injured players and downright incompetent decisions with staff in/out if the club. I have no trust that you will learn from these mistakes, so you will not be getting my money)
    What he said. :-(
  • Options
    Great stats LL! A few other things that stand out for me are

Kashi 88% pass accuracy. Makienok's 53% pass accuracy, reflecting the number of times the ball was played up to him, and his flick ons have failed to find a team mate. This reflects both his abilities as a target man, and the service he's got.

JBG 81 shots!!! I'm sure the majority of these were outside the box and blocked by defenders, whereas last year due to him being less well known, AND other attacking players creating a threat, he had more space to get a shot away.

Cousins 43 fouls with 2 yellows, Ba 35 fouls (in far fewer games) with 10 yellows
  • Options
    I imagine a lot of JBG's shots have come from free kicks.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Those stats always back up the argument that Cousins simply doesn't bring much to our game in the middle of the park apart from pure running. 0 assists, and just 1 goal.

Cousins has been absolutely invaluable in recent weeks.