Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sale of Sparrows Lane

2»

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:

Palace are looking for a training ground and they are loaded with Premiership money.

They won't be interested in it, it's in south London and they are a shite no mark club in Croydon.
  • Options
    There are at least two other sports grounds in the immediate area that have been disused for years and the Council have consistently refused planning permission, so hopefully there is nothing in this.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

There are at least two other sports grounds in the immediate area that have been disused for years and the Council have consistently refused planning permission, so hopefully there is nothing in this.

It's a complete non story. There are enough real and genuine issues concerning RD to concentrate on, this is an unfounded rumour
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Looks like Greenwich Borough are moving on to the GAA fields.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Have they taken up hurling?
  • Options

Off_it said:

Camogie
  • Options

Off_it said:

Camogie
    Those girls are scary...
  • Options

Off_it said:

Is that because Blackheath rugby are taking over the grounds at Greenwich Borough?
  • Options

When we were at the recent 'Training Ground Experience' we were told that part of the new building will containing rooms to allow players to sleep there.

Isn't that for the Academy and part of becoming Category 1 rated?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I think permission was granted for the bardhill site in February. But that's a sports and community use venture that I believe will only go ahead if the housing development on the gaa field gets the nod.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

Off_it said:

Is that because Blackheath rugby are taking over the grounds at Greenwich Borough?
    No idea. Another developer has plans for a large housing development on the land, but I think the council (& the locals) prefer the football clubs plans, which include a 3g pitch for community use, etc.

Would be much better for the locals than more housing, rarely get a sit on my train as it is!

As for your training ground, the amount of dough being invested in more 3g pitches means you can't be going anywhere.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Off_it said:

No idea. Another developer has plans for a large housing development on the land, but I think the council (& the locals) prefer the football clubs plans, which include a 3g pitch for community use, etc.

Would be much better for the locals than more housing, rarely get a sit on my train as it is!

As for your training ground, the amount of dough being invested in more 3g pitches means you can't be going anywhere.
    Thanks @Sparrows Lane Lion I wasn't sure whether Greenwich Borough were still at Sutcliffe Park. My mum's cousin used to run the social club there years ago.

I know Blackheath Rugby are moving there full time as a way of getting out of the ridiculous situation at their historic home. They bring in just about all the money, but the have to share it with the various other social clubs / sports there, who contribute little. They refused to change, so the rugby teams move out and make sure they keep what they bring in. New pitches and a stand(s) going in at Sutcliffe to accommodate them.
  • Options
    Greenwich Borough's old ground i think it was called Harrow Meadow is now the site of Kidbrooke Village.