Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How low will the crowds go next season?

I genuinely think RD doesn't care how low the crowds go and I can see support falling down to the 6 or 7 thousand mark. Another season like this and we'll be down to 5.

Comments

• Options
    I think it will go down to 5 for some games next season depending on how we are doing of course!
  • Options
    Reckon it'll be between 8k - 10k... Agree with Muttley that if we're doing well then the figures could rise more.
  • Options

Reckon it'll be between 8k - 10k... Agree with Muttley that if we're doing well then the figures could rise more.

It is that now and that is in the Championship
  • Options

I think we're already at that level in terms of people who are actually turning up. Should think they'll sell out the cheap seats in the North Lower, won't be many on top of that though.
  • Options

Its potentially that number... Because Season Tickets get automatically counted its always going to be difficult to get a true ball park figure, its the same with the amount of free tickets that are being given out to hide the numbers.

I've been to League Cup matches where the attendances have been around 5k yet there were certainly more than that inside the Valley after the boycott against Middlesbrough the other week...
  • Options

Its potentially that number... Because Season Tickets get automatically counted its always going to be difficult to get a true ball park figure, its the same with the amount of free tickets that are being given out to hide the numbers.

I've been to League Cup matches where the attendances have been around 5k yet there were certainly more than that inside the Valley after the boycott against Middlesbrough the other week...
    Spot on and I agree with you however It is my understanding the club know exactly how many people have passed through the turnstiles on the day however I doubt they want that figure made public.
  • Options
    Think we will average 8k, which would be disappointing.
    Disappointing in that it would be 8k more than the arseholes in charge deserve.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    MrLargo said:

I think we're already at that level in terms of people who are actually turning up. Should think they'll sell out the cheap seats in the North Lower, won't be many on top of that though.
    There's no reason to think they can sell 3,400 season tickets at £175 (adults) in the north lower and the match tickets there will be priced as per the away fans, plus there is no extra concession for U18 STs and it won't be a popular area for over 65s (who together are almost 50 per cent of purchasers). Even if the club manages to sell 7,000 season tickets, it's extremely unlikely nearly half of them would be in the lower north stand because the majority of fans won't want to sit low down behind the goal. Price matters but it's not that important to everyone or you would have seen more movement previously.
  • Options

Spot on and I agree with you however It is my understanding the club know exactly how many people have passed through the turnstiles on the day however I doubt they want that figure made public.
    I might be wrong but I entered the East Stand one game years ago and a Steward was by the gate checking something which made me wonder if it was a automatic counter which was counting how many people were entering the ground?

If correct then yes that information must easily be at hand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like a good half-time competition to me.
  • Options
    Everything depends on what is happening on the pitch. The protests must continue but if the team is flying (yeah right) then fans will want to see it.
  • Options
    My guestimate is that fewer ST holders will drop out than many expect. 2,500 to 3000 down on this year bringing the ST base down to around 7,000. With comps, away fans (reduced on this season for most games but a few local derbies such as Millwall, Gills, Southend) and few walk ups plus footballforafiver I'd say 10,500 average with a late increase if we are chasing promotion.
  • Options
    The sad thing is that the team playing in a lower division will be cited as the main reason crowds dro, not the fact that most of the fanbase think the owner is a complete arsehole. No doubt we as customers will be blamed for being fickle and not supporting our team. That's what km will tell her boyfriend anyway.
  • Options
  • Options
    And I was thinking this was about limbo.
  • Options
    Despite KM telling us that it isn't our team! It belongs to the owner and shareholders!
  • Options
    apparently they aren't even at 1k sold so far
  • Options

I reckon between 4-5k season tickets, 1-2k walk ups plus aways.
    The following season in league 2 will see the upper west and upper north closed, the southern end of the East given to away fans while the Jimmy seed is developed into a hotel/bar/restaurant/clap clinic.

LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is more likely with the drop in revenue, RD will cut the playing budget and cash in on player sales where offers are tabled. Further gambling on foreign imports, who will just love the finery of Div1. If this is the next phase for Div1, I wouldn't expect CAFC to be the high flyer for next season.
  • Options
    I used to work on the turnstiles many years ago, and yes, there is a counter on each. Back in the days of physical season ticket books you had to ensure that the number of ticket stubs/pages you had matched your turnstile counter before you finished your shift.

So, yes, the club should always know exactly how many people have entered the ground.
  • Options

The following season in league 2 will see the upper west and upper north closed, the southern end of the East given to away fans while the Jimmy seed is developed into a hotel/bar/restaurant/clap clinic.

Don't say that, you'll only give Tony ideas (though he might think the clinic is for applause).
  • Options
    Judging by the comments from my work colleague I'll be amazed if we get any walk ups after the abuse he got after the Boro game for not walking out on 74 mins. He took his 2 kids along and did not realize the protests were going on being a neutral. I am not against protesting but when this happens it makes you wonder about some our so called fans.
  • Options

As long as those claps are not racist or anyway xenophobic towards that small country on top of France just near the Netherlands...

Although if it is an actual clap clinic the attendences may well be better than the football.
  • Options

I used to work on the turnstiles many years ago, and yes, there is a counter on each. Back in the days of physical season ticket books you had to ensure that the number of ticket stubs/pages you had matched your turnstile counter before you finished your shift.

So, yes, the club should always know exactly how many people have entered the ground.

Are you Robert Lee :smile:
  • Options
    About 5500 for a Tuesday evening - bit like we get in the League Cup 1st round
  • Options
    With projected season ticket sales being decimated I would say between 6000-8000 max
  • Options

Are you Robert Lee :smile:
    No... He's Rob Lee!!
  • Options
    Now that the Belgians have shown their hand in thinking that we can never beat them, we need to try and organise the protest shirt ASAP. My apologies for not being able to play a bigger part, it's a long time since I have genuinely hated anyone. GO CARD