Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STVV fined for third party ownership

2»

Comments

• Options
    Can we start a crowdfund to get Powel back!

Double Whammy!
  • Options
    Has anybody still got their I helped to buy Ronnie Moore certificate? I wish I hadn't lost mine!
  • Options

via @LouisMend on twitter

Fit and proper person though.
  • Options
    When he's found guilty there will be plenty of volunteers to kick the stool away.
  • Options
    I may well be wrong here, but didn't one of our Belgian friends, on one of the threads, say that even though he sold Standard Liege, it is thought that he retained an interest in some of the players?
  • Options

The worry is that the same applies to current or former Charlton players transferred from other Roland owned clubs.

Not sure what you're on about?

30 second web search gives this:
    newsmonkey.be/article/52352

Perhaps you are referring to our very own "crowdfunding" aka Valley Gold which has been assisting the development of players for sometime. I see that six of the first 18 who beat Boro the other week were supported by Valley Gold via the Academy so can't be a bad thing?

If you contact @rikofold I'm sure he can let you know all about the scheme.

• Options
    Roland may not be the legal owner of STVV any more, although if his wife or partner is, one could see how he might (depending upon the facts) be regarded as a 'shadow director', i.e. a person in accordance with whose directions or instructions the directors of the club are accustomed to act.

Anyway, given the 'crowd funding' basis for this, I expect it will blow over pretty quickly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm mystified by this. Did the supporters create an entity to retain ownership of the players rights and a cut of any resale? Or did they just raise money's and give it to STVV on condition it was used for this purchase. That latter seems harmless.
  • Options

Has anybody still got their I helped to buy Ronnie Moore certificate? I wish I hadn't lost mine!

Yes, still have mine, although not readily available as in storage with soccer star mags.
  • Options
    I know someone will point out RD has nothing to do with STTV but it does show that clubs under his sphere of influence are not squeaky clean. Seems our much loved owner will shady deal when it suits. Allegedly.
  • Options

I'm mystified by this. Did the supporters create an entity to retain ownership of the players rights and a cut of any resale? Or did they just raise money's and give it to STVV on condition it was used for this purchase. That latter seems harmless.

Answering my own message and maybe getting too conspiracy theory here, but as Roly has no direct ownership of STVV, maybe he was the Fan that raised the money with certain unacceptable conditions.
  • Options
    So much for my conspiracy theory - www.kickrs.net is the funding source. Crowdfunding players.
  • Options
    There was a thread about this on here at the time STVV did it suggesting CAFC may also try the same. No idea how to find it but definitely remember reading about it at the time and some people mentioning it felt weird given third party ownership rules (unless I read it in ITTV where I posted a few years or so back occasionally)?
  • Options

The worry is that the same applies to current or former Charlton players transferred from other Roland owned clubs.

No evidence of that of course and we have a lawyer as a CEO so sure we'll be compliant with any regulations.

You forgot to add the inverted commas around 'lawyer' ;-)