Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plane hijacker and why I love being British

2»

Comments

• Options

I hope I'm not sitting next to you Saturday.

Boycotting!

• Options
    IAgree said:

Sorry not funny - hardly a week goes by without ISIS murdering people and someone who hijacks a plane wearing a fake suicide belt is a suitable subject for a selfie and jokey news conference??!!

It must have been terrifying for the passengers and quite frankly getting a selfie with this man is just hugely inappropriate and pretty stupid.

That's not humour it's just ignorance!

If we're going to complain about ignorance I'd like to point out that the photograph was technically not a selfie.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

IAgree said:

Sorry not funny - hardly a week goes by without ISIS murdering people and someone who hijacks a plane wearing a fake suicide belt is a suitable subject for a selfie and jokey news conference??!!

It must have been terrifying for the passengers and quite frankly getting a selfie with this man is just hugely inappropriate and pretty stupid.

That's not humour it's just ignorance!

If we're going to complain about ignorance I'd like to point out that the photograph was technically not a selfie.
    Thanks for that!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Just stunned by the reaction to this hijacking -caught a bit of the Cyprus news conference and was amazed at the jovial nature of it!

Obviously people were relieved that it was not more serious but the reaction did seem odd!

Perhaps I'm being unfair to this guy but it does seem at the very least a bit daft and personsally I don't find it funny.

• Options
    IAgree said:

Just stunned by the reaction to this hijacking -caught a bit of the Cyprus news conference and was amazed at the jovial nature of it!

Obviously people were relieved that it was not more serious but the reaction did seem odd!

Perhaps I'm being unfair to this guy but it does seem at the very least a bit daft and personsally I don't find it funny.

I think in the face of the stream of constant horror in the news, this farce provided some much-needed comic relief. It's cathartic and indeed provides some grounding that actual hijackings are an incredibly rare occurrence - the last recorded hijacking was almost exactly a year ago, sadly it was the same one that crashed in the Alps.
  • Options
    It's not a hijacking if it's the pilot...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Leuth said:

Wrong, any unlawful attempt to take control of an aircraft is a hijacking by any person on the plane. It has been recorded as a hijacking in statistics.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Leuth said:

Wrong, any unlawful attempt to take control of an aircraft is a hijacking by any person on the plane. It has been recorded as a hijacking in statistics.
    I stand corrected. I was wrong and you were right.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Fiiish said:

Leuth said:

Are :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Leuth said:

Fiiish said:

Leuth said:

Are :wink:
    Meh, talking about a conversation that happened in the past tense, I think "were" is appropriate.

Everybody loves a pedant!

Why am I single?