Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welcome (back) Phil Dorward - CAFC Comms Consultant

Comments

• Options
    His CV focusses on his professional expertise in selling a story not communicating information.
  • Options
    I think there have been big problems around communications at the club, but what has been said has been said. The people that have said them are unwilling to apologise for them so it's a bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

The acid test will be when he is told (or bullied) into releasing a statement that he advises against.

I suspect that won't happen. They won;t make the mistake of hiring someone who won't be their puppet second time round.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think Prague's lawyer analogy fits very well. The trouble that Dorward faces is that the big problems at the club are not about communications all, they are deeper problems of strategy and structure. These are so deep that the best comms in the world won't put things right. For any normal business, such an appalling state of communications would be the major headache, for this regime though it's not even close. The real issues are:

- The woeful inability of the owner to recognise reality.
    - Their strategy is not only failing, but it is diametrically opposed to the nature of the business and the wishes of the 'customers'.
    - To be successful they need their 'customers' to be at least compliant if not supportive (hence supporters). But the arrogance of the owner means that no consideration is given to the needs of this most important 'stakeholder' group.
    - In a business (league) where all but three competitors are certain to fail, shoestring operations are practically pre-determined failures.
    - They've paid peanuts, they've got monkeys. The CEO who needs to be as bright as a button is actually clueless whilst the underlings have been appointed for their ability to act like nodding dogs.

Until the above are rectified, no amount of good communications will amount to anything other than papering over the cracks.

This says what I was trying to say. Very well put particularly the owner who refuses to recognise reality.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Good morning Philip. Start of another week. Seeing as there is no point you using whatever PR skills you may have on our now non existent sponsors, you have to turn your charm offensive back towards fans and potential fans.
    Have you thought of club staff deployment? Like using Ravi as the minister of truth (speak to Bob of Data Techniques about that one), you could deploy Lisa Squire's as minister of alienation, especially to target the crusty old man supporters and get them out of your club.
    So what's on the agenda this week Philip? Your weekend internet possee have been rather clumsy and ineffectual so now the working week has begun your steady modern history and politics hand is needed back on the tiller.
    May I suggest you amend the email reply template to say that the club will work hard to connect with the loyal fans once again after you get rid of all fans over the age of 11.
    Younger fans are easier to manipulate and control after all. Work hard on PR to children, give them a Haribo and they might believe anything you say.
    Incidentally Philip which Scottish team is your club? Or don't you have one? Actually I imagine you don't support a team, because if you could empathise with fans, and if you have any integrity, you wouldn't work for Charlton Athletic right now peddling complete and utter crap and lies.

What was his response ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

seth plum said:

Good morning Philip. Start of another week. Seeing as there is no point you using whatever PR skills you may have on our now non existent sponsors, you have to turn your charm offensive back towards fans and potential fans.
    Have you thought of club staff deployment? Like using Ravi as the minister of truth (speak to Bob of Data Techniques about that one), you could deploy Lisa Squire's as minister of alienation, especially to target the crusty old man supporters and get them out of your club.
    So what's on the agenda this week Philip? Your weekend internet possee have been rather clumsy and ineffectual so now the working week has begun your steady modern history and politics hand is needed back on the tiller.
    May I suggest you amend the email reply template to say that the club will work hard to connect with the loyal fans once again after you get rid of all fans over the age of 11.
    Younger fans are easier to manipulate and control after all. Work hard on PR to children, give them a Haribo and they might believe anything you say.
    Incidentally Philip which Scottish team is your club? Or don't you have one? Actually I imagine you don't support a team, because if you could empathise with fans, and if you have any integrity, you wouldn't work for Charlton Athletic right now peddling complete and utter crap and lies.

What was his response ?
    Got to wait up to 10 days apparantly...that's if the club respond at all!
  • Options
    Forres Mechanics Mr Stalker
  • Options
    Hi Seth

Don't forget our new Uncle Phil is propa full time busy.

He will be having meeting after meeting, building up self and collective esteem, ensuring SMART (Sensible Manageable Achievable Realistic Targets) are set for all and of course making sure there's no "I" in Teim!

Dam busy is about 1500 quid a day, life's a bitch and then one employs you!

Happy days, Uncle Phil rack up the day rate mate, they have "Loads of Euros" you can help them with!

Perhaps a bonding weekend in Syria?

Crisis what crisis!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £1,500 per day?
    Where did you get that from?
    Surely not, that is nearly 20% of somebody's annual state old age pension for sitting around doing nothing for one day.
    Philip Dorward wouldn't be such a greedy and idle person to take that kind of money, to spin the kind of rubbish reportedly being spun at the moment. Nobody with integrity would do that would they?
    Surely Philip Dorwood is a man of personal integrity?
    Mel Baroni turned out to be a woman of personal integrity did she not?
  • Options
    I'm sure that Uncle Phil's integrity and his wallet are in direct proportion with each other!

Almost as sure as I am that the lovely Mel will have took the regime for a good compromise settlement, following their wierd (sorry unquie) rant!
  • Options

Hi Seth

Don't forget our new Uncle Phil is propa full time busy.

He will be having meeting after meeting, building up self and collective esteem, ensuring SMART (Sensible Manageable Achievable Realistic Targets) are set for all and of course making sure there's no "I" in Teim!

Dam busy is about 1500 quid a day, life's a bitch and then one employs you!

Happy days, Uncle Phil rack up the day rate mate, they have "Loads of Euros" you can help them with!

Perhaps a bonding weekend in Syria?

Crisis what crisis!

There's no 'i' in team but there's a 'u' in cunt.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Have you thought of club staff deployment? Like using Ravi as the minister of truth (speak to Bob of Data Techniques about that one).

Oooh that is intriguing. Data Techniques are people who would get my business!
  • Options
    Can't afford him in Div 3, can we?
  • Options
    Or perhaps after the demise of Flaggy he can't produce anymore statements?
  • Options
    Last one out please turn off the lights.

• Options
    gone in a show of solidarity with the sofa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the memories Phil
  • Options
    I hope he accidentally downloaded the entire Charlton client/fan database onto a USB stick and that that stick finds its way into the hands of a senior CARD member.
  • Options
    Charlton legend!
  • Options
    Looking to dip your toe in the water at a professional football club? Apply to Charlton Athletic who offer bucket loads of short term jobs.
  • Options
    Was the 'second coming' shorter than Mels stay?

:smiley:
  • Options
    Cafc the team for me....for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Let the cost cutting commence!
  • Options
    I can just see KM now, "Look guys, Phil was only interim"
  • Options

I hope he accidentally downloaded the entire Charlton client/fan database onto a USB stick and that that stick finds its way into the hands of a senior CARD member.

Why, what would CARD use it for?
  • Options
    E.mail contact with about 20,000 Charlton fans.