Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

crisis, protesting and strategy what next for cafc

Hi everyone and sorry for a new thread on all this. This may have been covered before but I am wondering if CARD can take this to a new level now. It feels as if we are in a horrible stalemate now with RD digging his heels in, the fans furious and alienated and the team slumping amongst all of this.

So what next. A continuation if this conflict dragging the club down? RD gives in and sells after relegation and we start afresh? The latter is what we all want but can we do even more to make this happen.

So I'd like to float the idea that CARD or maybe the trust actually looks to get itself involved with a potential buyer and then brings a way out to the table for RD, with an element of supporter ownership too. I can't help but think that if Varney investors are still interested that this could be achieved given the communication coming from that camp. But could we go further? Anf openly try to enfage other intersted parties as a cinsortieum. This would helpbus vet potential buyers and prevent them going off the raulsnin future. a great mechanism for any interested buyer? How much could we raise as fans? Charlton as 20% supporter owned, pioneering and it suits our club.

I think a change of direction needs to come. Constant protests and boycotts are just going to eat away at the club and RD will be left with a shell that he won't sell as the value is so low. Meanwhile we are losing support hand over fist.

Thoughts? Any idea how this works in Germany?

Comments

• Options
    There is no stalemate; RD and Pinocchio are losing ground fast, you just cannot see that on the surface yet. Hence the desperate statements regarding failure and unlawful action. We need to maintain the support for peaceful protest as long as is needed and watch the cracks grow bigger and bigger.

The Boro game and Belgian leaf-letting were a massive wake up call for RD, and we must maintain that pressure incessantly.

Pinocchio is in an untenable position, and once Roland realises what financial damage has been done (probably about July/August time when the provisional 2015/2016 accounts are shown to him and he has to agree a budget for the new season) he will take action. Hopefully that will mean selling up fast!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I hope you're both right and it's coming to a head. Is it still worth looking at these options though, supporter ownership?
  • Options
    I didn't expect the protests to have an instant effect, so it's no surprise that Roland hasn't put the club up for sale. I feel sure that he'll do so in his own time, regardless of what Richard Murray says, he has Varney's e-mail address. We must be prepared for the long haul.
  • Options
    @superclive, there is some merit in what you have said, I'm not so sure about supporter ownership. Lets assume he wants £50 m to sell, if we wanted to have a 20% stake in the consortium (as you mention above) we would need to raise £10m from supporters and on our current average crowd that's (using 15,000 as average) circa £700 per person if everyone put in, which quite clearly they wouldn't, and then we would need some kind of representation on the board.
    However I think there is merit in trying to find potential alternative consortia to the one we hope is still around (Peter Varney's), after-all look how long it is taking to find a buyer for Villa. The last thing I would want to see is if by some miracle RD wants to sell this summer, he cant find a buyer and refuses to deal with Peter!
    I think we are in this for the long game as others have said, but no harm in 'fishing' to see what is out there.
  • Options
    Thanks RM. I think we need to be doing something pro active that ensures we can prevent this type of ownership in future. Looking at those numbers. I reckon some fans may be prepared to put in a fair bit more than 700 so it would even out and might even be cheaper. If we could say we have say 7 mill pledged and find a buyer to stump up the rest .... We elect a comittee or a single board rep.
  • Options
    The reply I received from the club would indicate that any approach would be unwelcome (but we do know he is a stranger to the truth)...

"No, Mr Duchatelet has no plans to sell the club. But we are working hard as a team to build a better future for CAFC going forward"
  • Options
    very good Stig
  • Options
    A positive thread, stick with it CARD!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great peice stig. I can't disagree with anything there. But I still have this huge concern that he ain't going anywhere fast and that whilst the current unrest goes on we will slide further down the football ladder losing support and by the time he does go the club will be a shell.

The question I am asking and having a go at answering is, what more can we do or what can we do differently to prevent this.

Are there ways of forcing a buyout a management buyout?
  • Options
    He protects himself by not exposing himself to the club. He is safely tucked away in his Belgian bunker!
  • Options
    its so Weird/Unique that he wants to be involved... everywhere he goes he is universally hated... everywhere he goes there ends up with protests...

I can't start thinking about this again... it just sends me mental...