Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many tickets for Burnley fans on 7th May

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
Once again we will be hosting a promotion party at the Valley for the umpteenth time in the last few years....

In fact should we be advertising promotion parties as a service we provide for a charge?

Anyways, as not many of us can be arsed with Charlton at the moment, its obvious Burnley (AKA "the Dingles") are gonna get more tickets then just the Jimmy Seed capacity.

West Stand'ers, looking forward to getting moved again?

6K Burnley I reckon.

Comments

• Options
    Getting ahead of your self a bit mate. We have to host Brighton's promotion party the home game before.

Even when we are relegated this season will still get worse and worse, truly depressing.
  • Options
    "Give your ticket to a Burnley fan day"?
  • Options
    Seems very likely and they arent exactly the most friendly of mobs I've ever encountered. Will be my first and last game of the season at the Valley.
  • Options
    They could and will bring more than 6k if promotion is on the cards. It will be like the Leicester game at west spams ground back in the day. Good luck to them. Good championship team with a good championship manager who knows the league. Good championship players also. Maybe we should model ourselves on them. My three seats are free in the west stand. I won't be going that's for sure. Even if we have to win to stay up or is that wishful thinking.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Seems very likely and they arent exactly the most friendly of mobs I've ever encountered. Will be my first and last game of the season at the Valley.

Of all the games to pick.....
  • Options
    i certainly wont be attending regardless of who we were playing, cant see the burnley mob being as freindly as bournemouth last season though.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

What a great idea for a protest !
  • Options
    TEL said:

Seems very likely and they arent exactly the most friendly of mobs I've ever encountered.

And most likely why they won't get extra tickets.

Our new best friends at New Scotland Yard will have a word and say no even when Tony and Katrien beg them to let them sell more tickets to Burnley fans is my guess.

• Options
    14 chips vouchers all round!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Think Henry is spot on. A Burnley promotion party would be very different to a Bournemouth one. There would be a lot down for a big weekend on the piss and looking to cause some general mayhem.

The only danger is the police may decide they'd prefer them all inside the ground as opposed to a good number of ticketless ones down trying to get in the home ends or locked out and taking over pubs in Charlton, Greenwich, Blackheath etc
  • Options
    Not quite the same situation as last year, seeing that Burnley only came down last season. They may be promoted before their last home game anyway
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Simon E said:

14 chips vouchers all round!!

With Gravy.

Katrien wants to give the whole ground to Burnley and put any charlton customers who haven't protested in the Jimmy seed stand.

She could be struggling to find 3K
  • Options

Not quite the same situation as last year, seeing that Burnley only came down last season. They may be promoted before their last home game anyway

Maybe but they may need a win or draw to be Champions.

Give them our tickets for the day whilst we protest behind the West Stand all game.
  • Options

Dont think it will matter will it? Even if youve already got the title/promotion confirmed, a large chunk of your support is gonna be mega enthusiastic for spending the day getting sloshed in London and seeing the last game of the season....
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Dont think it will matter will it? Even if youve already got the title/promotion confirmed, a large chunk of your support is gonna be mega enthusiastic for spending the day getting sloshed in London and seeing the last game of the season....
    Exactly - they will bring thousands - most of whose sole aim will be to spend all weekend on the drink. Will be a lot of overtime required for the Met just to keep an eye on them let alone any CAFC protests
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Lunchtime kickoff which will restrict the level of pissedness before the game!
  • Options
    Just think of all those extra chips the west stand fans will be getting. #welljel
  • Options
    Thousands of drunk northerners taking the piss out of us for 90 minutes.
    What a splendid end to the season.

Thankyou katrien.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 of the 6k live in London anyway.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

Interesting concept. Maybe not for the Burnley game - but the Brighton game would be different.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

Interesting concept. Maybe not for the Burnley game - but the Brighton game would be different.
    Get as many season ticket holders to give their tickets to Brighton fans? Hmmmm
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

Get as many season ticket holders to give their tickets to Brighton fans? Hmmmm
    OK, yeah just re-read my comment - and that aint right is it? _ iwas thinking of the time when season tickets was a book of tickets- and it aint no more innit?
    So, back to the Burnley game then - would make the media you would think, and also would cause a total headache for security.
  • Options
    It does make me think, do i really want to watch two promotion parties in my own ground? Especially if weve just been relegated. Endless chants of "thats why youre going down" for two games....
  • Options
    "We'll never play you again" will never be so close to reality.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

It does make me think, do i really want to watch two promotion parties in my own ground? Especially if weve just been relegated. Endless chants of "thats why youre going down" for two games....

I think you'll find the chants are more likely to be "That's why we're going down".
  • Options
    Definitely a unique matchday experience.
  • Options
    Hand in season tickets the game before the burnley game. Have a mass collection outside the west stand and send up a couple of thousand tickets up north. We will be down by then anyway. Logistical and financial nightmare to police and will enhance our plight and gain lots of publicity especially when the pitch invasions will be by drunken northerners.
  • Options
    Could sell the tickets for tenner each and top up the card fund.