Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Police "have not pursued a criminal investigation" into beach ball protest

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dam it there goes my 5 mins of fame on Crime Watch
  • Options
    Can we still go ahead with the Crimewatch 'Reconstruction' on Saturday?
  • Options
    Phew !

I can take that paper bag off my head at last !

Who said " Keep it on, Fanny ?"
  • Options
    But you guys they were only looking out for us. Just found this, particularly pertinent for Addicks:
    Courtesy of Chicago Tribune -
  • Options
    3blokes said:

But you guys they were only looking out for us. Just found this, particularly pertinent for Addicks:
    Courtesy of Chicago Tribune -

But come on, what a way to go. :wink:
  • Options
    What the club have stayed quieter on are the whistles. Acme Thunderers can be bought on Amazon for as little as £2.60 ... a few hundred of those and you have absolute chaos and almost impossible to police, especially if scattered around the stands.
  • Options
    I think the whistles should make a comeback at some point, but not tomorrow. We need variety.
  • Options

I think the whistles should make a comeback at some point, but not tomorrow. We need variety.

The whistles need to be good quality ones, not the ones that were issued last time. The one good quality one made the Boro player stop, a few hundred of these would make the game unplayable, if they were all blown at the same time.
  • Options
    <
    No policeman wants notches on his truncheon for sending down a 60 year old beach ball throwing women.

that sounds rude.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The whistles need to be good quality ones, not the ones that were issued last time. The one good quality one made the Boro player stop, a few hundred of these would make the game unplayable, if they were all blown at the same time.
    First five minutes of each half - enough to halt play, but not enough to get a game abandoned (though I can understand that the use of the other whistles was deliberate, to maximise TV awareness without impacting the game).
  • Options

Apparently they use Fox whistles. Not overly expensive. http://www.referee-equipment.co.uk/Catalogue/Whistles/Fox-40-Whistles
  • Options

Me and Mrs TT blew away heartily in the east stand with decent whistles but to little effect. I think that short sharp blasts from different areas to mimic the ref may be more effective.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Thank f__k, I am already on a caution for cutting the hair off of my sisters Barbie Doll in 1972!!!!

Wow. God knows what they would have done with me if they'd found out I used to rip the heads off my sisters dolls and hide them...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Apparently they use Fox whistles. Not overly expensive. http://www.referee-equipment.co.uk/Catalogue/Whistles/Fox-40-Whistles
    Those electronic ones would be handy to keep in your pocket, pressing the button to whistle and driving the stewards mad... ;-)
  • Options
    Phew, old bill confirm as they have at every protest so far

'Nothing to see here for us, paid to turn up by the club, total waste of our time.'

Now some of the old old bill were proper nasty and some of the new old bill seem proper green but on balance them laughing this off but charging for it seems proportionate. And keeps the extra police horses in oats.
  • Options

<
    No policeman wants notches on his truncheon for sending down a 60 year old beach ball throwing women.

that sounds rude.

Ah, did you misread notches as lipstick too :blush:
  • Options
    I, for one, as a taxpayer* am disappointed. Such hooliganism and madness should not be allowed to stand!!

*I'm not a taxpayer there.
  • Options
    Oh, also, @LouisMend good old fashioned journalism here, getting clarity on this nonsense. Good on you, thank you for continuing to be such an excellent voice of the supporters.
  • Options

Me and Mrs TT blew away heartily in the east stand with decent whistles but to little effect. I think that short sharp blasts from different areas to mimic the ref may be more effective.
    I think some people see this as cheating, we need to take the moral ground, we fans of other clubs to be on our side.