Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help - I have an Idea for an Invention...what do I do ?

Not often that I come up with an idea full stop but came up with an idea that I think could be quite lucrative. I have no idea how to proceed. I think I could make a Demo of the item myself although not very professionally. I am very aware how ideas are stolen & lost to Corporations etc. Anybody have any genuine experience in this field or give me a few pointers as to who I should approach first, patents etc

I am expecting a lot of P*ss taking in this thread but some genuine stuff would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Dragon's den?

If it is something to manufacture - try companies that make things in that field and so on.

Patent office to see if someone has come up with it before?
  • Speak to a patent company they will be able to search to make sure no one else has come up with the idea, they will also be able to get you in contact with any manufacturers that may be needed, all for a fee of course, I deal with quite a few patent agencies so if you need any contact details let me know and I'll pass them on.
  • You tell me, I won't tell anyone Honest!Ha HA. I had an idea once, I emailed the company and they said "it's been suggested before" Gutted I was. Get Ready for Rejection or Fame!
  • If its a machine that gives you a BJ then its already been done and is on sale at any decent retailer in Soho................apparently
  • seriously get advice from patent office.

my company does IP patent law you could maybe look at our website for advise

www.olswang.com

Intellectual Property law is the stuff to look at.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]seriously get advice from patent office.

my company does IP patent law you could maybe look at our website for advise

www.olswang.com

Intellectual Property law is the stuff to look at.

you based in holborn?
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]

you based in holborn?

Best place in London to work ;-)
  • Cheers Peeps some useful stuff here, much appreciated.

Stu I'll have a word with you on Sunday mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was in Holborn last year. In Temple Now.
  • Does it involve DJ'ing and a laptop?
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Does it involve DJ'ing and a laptop?

LOL Medders...cranking up the Hard Drive :-)

It is to do with DJ'ing but alas not of help for the MP3 massive..!
  • I assume you're down the Lion tomorrow night? Inside by the look of it?
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I assume you're down the Lion tomorrow night? Inside by the look of it?

Dunno yet mate, will be speaking to Boss tonight, hope so as bit brassic at the moment & need some beer tokens for Sunday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Cheers Peeps some useful stuff here, much appreciated.

Stu I'll have a word with you on Sunday mate.

Sure thing, I don't really know a great deal about it, I just do the debt recovery for several patent companies that I could put you in contact with.

Then hopefully in a few years when you need to sue a few people that ain't paid you for your invention, you can return the favour ;)
  • edited May 2007
    Sounds reasonable mate :-)