Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rolly's fortune, how deep is his pocket?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    To answer the original question his pockets are about three inches deeper than his arm.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

My concern is that a lot of fans are understandably attributing his motivations to money and therefore think we should hold off on season ticket sales, buying things in the ground etc.

I honestly don't think the money thing is a major issue in his world. He isn't going to go bust over Charlton - we're not big enough a club for that to ever happen.

OK, so his wealth might reduce by 5-10% after this is all said and done. Big deal. He is 70 odd years of age with half a billion in the bank.

His motivation is his own EGO. He wants to do things his way, and be seen as some sort of innovator in a world where money tends to buy success in the modern game.

A few thousand people not renewing season tickets for 150-450 quid a pop each aren't really going to be something that keeps him up at night. What keeps this guy up at night are things that hurt his image - as we saw in the aftermath of the Boro game.

Don't agree. Money is important to him and the deficits will hurt his ego. Also how will his ego not be hit by attendances plummetlng?
  • Options
    I like that @Stig. Summarises it very well.
  • Options

The Antwerp house/apartment is on the corner of a park with metal railings... "Time to go".

His house sounds like the next CARD outing to me......
  • Options
    Stig said:

CARDs trip to Belgium is where to hurt his ego. By taking the protests to his home land and getting in the press in Belgium Great initiative when that was done and bet Roly but face hated it

I think you're right that the Belgium trip was a magnificent way to show him up on his own doorstep. He wants the world to think he's special, and demos like that clearly show that far from being special he's actually quite incapable.

That said, I don't think it's the only form of protest that will get to him. I think that we need to focus on three fronts. Embarrassing him à la the St Truiden 20, but also costing him money and just being bloody awkward. If a demonstration can do one or more of those things it'll contribute to the wider message and add to the pressure for him to go.

Screenshot 2016-04-09 12.02.50

Excellent work @Stig

It would have been nice if the lower circle had been blue. Then you could have shown Roland "marooned" in the middle.... (I'll get my coat.)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Stig said:

CARDs trip to Belgium is where to hurt his ego. By taking the protests to his home land and getting in the press in Belgium Great initiative when that was done and bet Roly but face hated it

I think you're right that the Belgium trip was a magnificent way to show him up on his own doorstep. He wants the world to think he's special, and demos like that clearly show that far from being special he's actually quite incapable.

That said, I don't think it's the only form of protest that will get to him. I think that we need to focus on three fronts. Embarrassing him à la the St Truiden 20, but also costing him money and just being bloody awkward. If a demonstration can do one or more of those things it'll contribute to the wider message and add to the pressure for him to go.

Excellent work @Stig

It would have been nice if the lower circle had been blue. Then you could have shown Roland "marooned" in the middle.... (I'll get my coat.)
    Stick to the telephone numbers, it's more you :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cafcfan said:

Stig said:

Excellent work @Stig

Yes, you're probably right. Although in my defence I blame it on a Millwall fan I used to work with. If you named any random town, he could tell you the STD code. And they call us trainspotters...
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

RedChaser said:

cafcfan said:

Stig said:

Excellent work @Stig

Yes, you're probably right. Although in my defence I blame it on a Millwall fan I used to work with. If you named any random town, he could tell you the STD code. And they call us trainspotters...
    Blimey, that's very impressive for a Neanderthal :smiley: .
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

RedChaser said:

cafcfan said:

Stig said:

Excellent work @Stig

What, not only would he be able to tell towns by which STD you could get there, but there's also a code for Gonorrhea?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    cafcfan said:

Some ups and some downs in the valuation of his fortune I expect.

While thinking about this, I came across this interview (there's a proper English translation at the bottom. It's quite interesting.)

ec.europa.eu/employment_social/2010againstpoverty/export/sites/default/downloads/Journalist_Award/JA_BE.pdf

{...}

I thought someone tracked down his home and it was in Sint-Truiden?

The linked interview refers to a house next to the STVV ground. The details given appear to match a house that can be viewed on Google Streetview easily enough.
  • Options
    What's he worth now ?.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

What's he worth now ?.

A punch in the face