Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Looking for a band... Fundraiser for Greenwich & Bexley Hospice and Pancreatic Cancer

edited April 2016 in Not Sports Related
Hi all,

As some may remember from the cycling thread on here, in July 1 friend and myself will be cycling 1,000 miles (both CAFC fans) from London to Monte Carlo. I'm a total novice cyclist, I got my first bike in January! We are taking on this challenge without the help of backup and support vehicles, so I like to think this is different that your run of the mill event..!

The aim of all this is to raise £5,000 to support the Local Greenwich & Bexley Hospice and Pancreatic Cancer UK.

We are holding a charity fundraiser night at The Montrose in Sidcup early July and need some help and ideas from those who have organised something similar before! We are hoping for 150 attending on the night, charging £10 a ticket. All funds going to the charities.

We were thinking of getting a band on the night but have no real contacts, if anyone on here could help?

We have been contacting business' in the local community and have had some fantastic donations back so far, however, what we really need is some star prizes for an auction (signed shirts, spa days, weekend away etc etc). Does anyone know any of the good companies to contact that may be likely to donate?
I have been in touch with CAFC but didn't get much response so have given up trying with them. Instead, West Ham have shown interest and hopefully will be getting some donations through them.

You can view our fundraising page and twitter below to read more.

Thanks all

Twitter @ RideLDN2MonteCarlo
Page: www.virginmoneygiving.com/ridelondon2montecarlo
e-mail ridelondon2montecarlo@gmail.com

Comments

• Think Sagalout and Greenie are both in bands they may be able to help with that one
  • @sagalout
    @Greenie

Can you help us out?

We will be fundraising in BHS bexleyheath on 16th April if you'd like to come down and discuss?

• Both great causes. The hospice were brilliant with my dad and someone I knew, my age died from pancreatic cancer a couple of weeks ago. A real tragedy, 5 weeks from diagnosis to passing, leaving 2 young teenage kids.
  • Have just donated. I support the Pancreatic Cancer charity since I lost my sister-in-law to this dreadful disease last year. This year have lost a friend to it as well. I think it's brilliant you are doing this to support both causes. Good Luck to you!
  • Thanks for your kind words @DaveMehmet. My friend doing the ride with me has experienced both these charities first hand with a family member and in particular could not praise enough the fantastic work the hospice does.

@HantsAddick I've just seen your donation. Every time I log onto our gmail account and see a sponsor it really does make the days ahead of pedalling worthwhile (120 miles this coming weekend) !
    Sorry to hear of your loss also, as you know it's an evil disease and all I can hope is that money individuals raise like ourselves will assist research and one day allow us to diagnose this Cancer sooner and with a bit of luck, find a cure.
  • @Ollywozere is in a band and maybe able/want to help. No idea how to contact him. Probably not best to go through the club!